Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if they make a riser kit for the stock Redline spoiler?
Just purchased it saturday, I know a company made a kit for the WRX spoiler to do this. Like the stock wing, just not tall enough.
Thanks :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Hemibee said:
Anyone know if they make a riser kit for the stock Redline spoiler?
Just purchased it saturday, I know a company made a kit for the WRX spoiler to do this. Like the stock wing, just not tall enough.
Thanks :)
Try mounting your wing on top of a park bench and then mount them both :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Barry said:
Try mounting your wing on top of a park bench and then mount them both :rolleyes:
A light weight park bench of course. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
Don't fret... that goes away at 146 MPH :rolleyes:
Whaaa? I only had mine up to 130 MPH... it sort of stopped there... I thought I had topped out. BTW did you fall asleep waiting for it to barley climb up there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,618 Posts
No shit. I've only taken mine to 120 because it took too long to get there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Catshreds said:
I believe there is a sale on 10 ft. tall spoilers at "Ricers-R-Us" :D
Not talking Superbird spoiler, would like to just get it up off the deck lid. Don't like the darth vader wing Saturn offers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Hemibee said:
Not talking Superbird spoiler, would like to just get it up off the deck lid. Don't like the darth vader wing Saturn offers.
What color is your Redline? Mine's black. We could do what the WRX and STi guys are doing and swap trunk lids - I have the big spoiler, and wouldn't mind a small one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,128 Posts
i kinda want the big one so i get more looks but i like the sleeper look that i got going now, if there is anyone near GA let me know i would consider a swap. Mine is Blue
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
I'd be curious to see a chart that graphs the realtionship between spoiler height vs. Cop pullovers. Seriously! I definitely prefer the stealth, "under the radar", ( pun intended ), look. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jim Lewis said:
What color is your Redline? Mine's black. We could do what the WRX and STi guys are doing and swap trunk lids - I have the big spoiler, and wouldn't mind a small one.
Thanks for the offer, but it's silver. Guess I'll leave it stock for now. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Look at mine! I got rid of the little spoiler Saturn gives you and I don't want that tall wing that I can't see behind me. So I have a Razi spoiler. Its got a Drag strip go fast look. There are better pictures on my web site in the gallery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,243 Posts
tlake84 said:
Whaaa? I only had mine up to 130 MPH... it sort of stopped there... I thought I had topped out. BTW did you fall asleep waiting for it to barley climb up there?
Not that bad of a climb to 145. I did mine in 5th gear after taking 4th up to 110. Allegedly, an older gentleman down south hit the 140+ mark in 4th gear. If this is true, that would have been a quicker trip to T.V. (terminal velocity) than I had. I will say it took a good section of highway to get there. I nailed it from 85 MPH when I passed a bridge and no cops were around and it took every bit of 1 1/2 miles to hit the 145. Stopping is no problem, heavy foot on the brakes and the ABS will slow it down quicker than a Lambo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
Not that bad of a climb to 145. I did mine in 5th gear after taking 4th up to 110. Allegedly, an older gentleman down south hit the 140+ mark in 4th gear. If this is true, that would have been a quicker trip to T.V. (terminal velocity) than I had. I will say it took a good section of highway to get there. I nailed it from 85 MPH when I passed a bridge and no cops were around and it took every bit of 1 1/2 miles to hit the 145. Stopping is no problem, heavy foot on the brakes and the ABS will slow it down quicker than a Lambo.
OLDER GENTLEMAN HUH? THANK'S BUCKEYE. FYI I SHIFTED INTO 5TH AT 135MPH AND THE NEEDLE GOES WAY PAST 145MPH......ENOUGH SAID.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top