Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own aSaturn ion 2006 . Recently I smelled a strong smell of gas after getting out of my car . I have smelled it before several years ago . I took it to a Chevrolet shop near by because I didn’t want to drive it the distance to my dealship . They fixed it ,had it a few days , paid over $900. for it and went on my way . It wasn’t till several months ago that I found out that was a recall issue. I have never been contacted in any way about any recall issue . Not by email ,not by text ,not by phone, nor by dealship, or even OnStar ! Who claim that they will notify you . Well one time they did after the fact .It was when the ignition and key had clitches. I came home at night on a Sunday. When I went to turn off my car, the key wouldn’t budge .couldn’t get it to turn or pull it out. Called OnStar and they said they could send a tow to take it to the dealership and leave it over night . Really? With the motor running .?So I got the key to turn off motor but not dash lights, called a tow ,got it fixed paid $200 ,and went on my way. A few months later I get a letter about the recall , I go and get it fixed again. My question is , since there was a recall on the fuel line can I still get it fixed even though Saturn is no more?

·
Registered
764 Posts
The answer may be yes but you should deal with GM directly and not go thru a dealership would be my recommendation.. I had the same issue with mine it was the connection on the top of the gas tank.. ironically I got the letter 2 weeks before it stated leaking..

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
I had the 2004 ion 2 -

had gasoline fumes one day very strong - so I took mine to the local shop

I think it was about 400 replace the fuel line - think it was rust but I n ever knew there was a recall - this was 7 years ago - later I learned there was a recall for this.

--they had some issues with that key mechanism - I remember that the key would come out of the igition switch when I was on the highway at 70 mph. Also it was easy to bump into the key and the engine would turn off - this happened to me several times with my ions2 -starting the car at 70 mph is not fun but i had a manual which is a little safer

I think that chevy would handle that for you if you ask - some staff understands it better than others. The other comment feedback is probably the way to go - write a letter to GM
I had some very good feedback from Chevy somedays - but i had to do the homework - need to get all the documentation to get them moving.

Find out the department that handles recalls

1 - 3 of 3 Posts