Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i am in need of tires, so could someone please point me in the direction of a good all season tire, good in snow wet and dry, and is relatively cheap, thanks, oh and size recommendations would be nice too.

im currently thinking of getting the falken 912 in a 245/40/17. that would fit right?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
id go with those but theyre like $150 per tire that size, the falken is $99 .... money has been very tight for some time,

10,144 Posts
if you have stock rims......

Ratings, reviews and specifications for Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 tires

i got those stock rims and teins, they're pretty close in that size to the front struts but they don't rub at all. definatley one of the best tires you can get and they have a 60 dollar rebate, comes out to like 90 a tire if you get the warranty and valve stems.
no road noise at all, mods in sig only gear i spin is 1st, old tires would go up to 3rd sometimes lol, toyo proxies. do the job in the rain also.

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
Damn sean been like 2 weeks since weve talked. Personally just look at some tires in ur price range and get reviews on them thatll help ur decision man.

Oh as far as my 912's i still have like 6/7mm left out of 9 and i got them last october. I dont spin in any gear unless its super wet out, u just gotta get used to the tires. This is my 2nd set of these but wider this time so i know how they ride.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I got yokohama thats only because my cousin works at one of their factories and gets a few sets a year for free ... their pretty good had em for prob 15k just rotated em so the front now look new (close) the back are bald

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you should have rotated them a long time ago

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was never going to consider a yokahoma anyways, lol, i think ill go with those falkens, then honestly shouldnt spin too much being as fat as theyll be hah

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah looking at the continental too, its really a toss up. the tires i wanted are on national backorder for like 3 months, gay shit

·
Registered
294 Posts
i think mine are s drive not positive but like i said they were free

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The tires I posted are $98 a tire and they come with the same $60 rebate sir.... plus they are a better tire. And I think 245 will work just fine. But id like someone with experience on that subject to drop their opinion....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts