Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first time I have seen it......advertising the 2005 Red Line.....the guy was saying he could have spent like $$$ dollars and got a BMW Z4 but he bought the Red Line because he wanted something faster

·
Registered
272 Posts
i only saw the last of the commercial with the warranty info! can someone find it and post a video link! i really want to see this commercial of my car!

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Kind of off topic on the redline commercial, but the Cobalt commercials are hitting hard. I was watching FX tonite and they had one every break durring the Shield. On thing disturbs me about it though. They were opening and closeing the doors to show off the sound dampening qualities. But apparently with the Cobalt, the XM radio works great in a covered parking garage. lol

·
Registered
556 Posts
dipolley said:
... On thing disturbs me about it though. They were opening and closeing the doors to show off the sound dampening qualities. But apparently with the Cobalt, the XM radio works great in a covered parking garage. lol
It's the same with my Ion Red Line.

In most garages and short tunnels I get an uninterrupted signal.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Depends on where you live. Most major cities have ground repeaters that send the signal out sideways. Here in St. Louis, if I'm downtown, I can be on the bottom level of a 10 level parking garage and still get full reception, sirius and XM. It also depends on whatever is above you is made of. Out in the county w/o ground repeaters, going under a metal gas station pavillion will cut out the signal, while I still get a decent signal on the first floor of my 2 story wood house.

Some recievers also have a 30 minute buffer built in. If you change channels, though, you loose your buffer.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Yea, my mother's Buick has Xm, and you can get the XM stations in the garage, right after you start it up. Some days, it takes a long time to pick up, and some days it might not start playing until you back out, but I would say at least 9 out of 10 times it gets reception in the garage. The GPS on the other hand, dosen't work at all in our garage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts