Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey look what I found on Streetfire.com :rolleyes: Turn up the volume all the way and right click for a full screen experience. Note - Rear view mirror was adjusted so camera can see out the back window. :D

Click here to see Video of 7th run of day, Drivers POV

Click here to see fast run of day Video, Driver's POV

C4 Vette running the course - spectators viewpoint

On another note, here is a slide show from a Bonus Event that the guys from Akron Sports Car Club & NORA put on. It was a spur of the moment thing (planned 5 days prior because everyone wanted to race, but no races were planned anywhere.) WE had 8 runs in 2 heats and were done in just over 2 hours, I'm guessing that we had just around 50 cars. Autocross slideshow

The slide show is defauled to 3 seconds and blend, another good way to watch is to set to 4 sec and pick random for the swaps. Just hit "play" and enjoy.

·
Registered
141 Posts
That was some nice driving. I wonder what's in that thing, sounded like an intake and I heard no wheel hope.

The more Vids I see the more I think there is something wrong with my car. It just doesn't seem that fast. Maybe I should setup a camera and watch that. It might look a little different on video.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
XxGarbsxX said:
holy crap! that was a sick run! was that you driving because that was freakin impressive.
I was there in the car at the time of the run, but I'm not admiting to racing my car. :rolleyes:
alredline04 said:
Yep fun stuff :D
I wonder how many cones he hit.........
ZERO CONES! That was my fast run of the day 44.629. I started out with a shakedown run of 48.766. As a comparison, my competitor in DS is a Subaru Imprezza WRX AWD in racing rubber and he went a best of 40.435. If I factor the 2 seconds they tell me a set of Kuhmo racing tires will make that only puts a 2.2 second difference between him and me and I think the LSD would close up that gap. Fast time of the day was a 39.04 by a late model corvette that plain haulled ass, a few Mazda Miatas were right behind him in the hi 39 and 40s, with a Z06 'vette and a Nissan Silvia going high 39s. All in all, I was pleased with my run (4th time out autoxing) and a few of the "regulars" have noticed the Saturn and made comments to me on how they are impressed by it. ... Blu_RedLine in da house, representing :D :D

I get no wheel hop except on the starting line, but I smoke the hell out of the inside tire coming out of every turn. On the last turn heading to the timing light before I come to the slowdown, you can hear me light up the tire on the last dash to the finish. That was on a slow turn in 2nd and mashing it. The guys at the finish line both raised their arms and pointed to my car as I did it, they were most impressed. I put on the K&N CAI Fri night and that was the first time out with the car and I will say there is a big difference in acceleration and the ass-dyno says the CAI is making more HP for the lil' LSJ. Oh, and it howls like a mother - a few people noticed that too... my days in DS are numbered. It looks like i'll have to switch to STX, which isn't bad, I'll then be able to run a different size tire and muffler and all the other good stuff. This post will disappear or be edited in a few hours. Any proof of it's existance or acknowledgement thereof will be denied.

·
Registered
762 Posts
LOL NOOO I have to watch the video first give it till like 8PM so i can leave work and see it then you can delete :p

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
D3XXFR said:
LOL NOOO I have to watch the video first give it till like 8PM so i can leave work and see it then you can delete :p
I was referring to post #6, not the whole thread/first post. - You're safe to go. :)

Currently searching for more vids on streetfire, they should be there shortly, I'll post the links to them at the top when they appear. :D

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
sweet!! I am also on my 4th auto- x. Things are going really good for me as well. I bought a CG-Lock (http://www.cg-lock.com/) for my seat belt and it makes it alot esier to concentrate on my driving. It just clamps you to the seat :D

I will post results as soon as they are available

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tsk Tsk, a CAI in D Stock... ;) Let's just get you switched right over to STX or something along those lines. This weekend we will be running our Red Line in DS and SS (just to get more drivers more seat time). Ours is really stock, but we do have a 3.5" exhaust and Hoosier Race Tires. Last time we won DS for the first CENDIV event and we hope to do well again. Maybe I'll post pics of ours...

Congrats on the time. I miss the NeOhio and ASCC guys. They used to be a ton of fun...CENDIV is like an all star game and the competition is intense.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
atwilson said:
hey,
what's that black blotch in the middle of your windshield???
Radar detector mount. The radar detector is usually there till halfway thru first gear when it becomes an airborne missle heading to the back seat! Never had a vehicle that would toss it out of the mount upon accelleration until now, I've since taken the mount down and bent the "tongue" slightly so it is no longer an easy slip fit. The unit should stay in place.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
Hey look what I found on Streetfire.com :rolleyes: Turn up the volume all the way and right click for a full screen experience. Note - Rear view mirror was adjusted so camera can see out the back window. :D

request for the next time you go...

try to get a wider angle video shot going,
so i can see the whole cockpit action going on....
shifting....
clutch....
maybe add some real-time commentary too

:D

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
atwilson said:
request for the next time you go...

try to get a wider angle video shot going,
so i can see the whole cockpit action going on....
shifting....
clutch....
maybe add some real-time commentary too

:D
Those videos already have the optional 0.7 wide angle attachment on the camera lens.

Shifting... there is none. I mean, there is a 1st to second shift made as quickly as possible and the whole course is run in second gear, feathering the throttle, left foot braking and accellerating from a 2500 RPM roll out of the tight turns (all in 2nd gear.)

Lastly, it goes like this: I'm shifting to second now.... turning left, turning right missing cone, turning left, right left, out of slalom around cone *whew* turning right, left, right... feathering throttle around this sweeper, nailing it around this cone, right, left, right big F'in straight away hammer down.... jaam the brakes, GOD ya gotta love ABS!!!!!, tight turn left and mash the gas- watch those cones!!!- turn right and mash the gas ********** finish line. No cones !!!!! fast time of day (for me)

Hey, what do ya want?? I adjusted the rear view mirror so you can watch where I was!!!!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
Those videos already have the optional 0.7 wide angle attachment on the camera lens.

ok, maybe you need a 3d imax camera then.....

Shifting... there is none. I mean, there is a 1st to second shift made as quickly as possible and the whole course is run in second gear, feathering the throttle, left foot braking and accellerating from a 2500 RPM roll out of the tight turns (all in 2nd gear.)

all in 2nd gear!...kewl....i have that gear!

Lastly, it goes like this: I'm shifting to second now.... turning left, turning right missing cone, turning left, right left, out of slalom around cone *whew* turning right, left, right... feathering throttle around this sweeper, nailing it around this cone, right, left, right big F'in straight away hammer down.... jaam the brakes, GOD ya gotta love ABS!!!!!, tight turn left and mash the gas- watch those cones!!!- turn right and mash the gas ********** finish line. No cones !!!!! fast time of day (for me)

and not a single profanity! very impressive!!

Hey, what do ya want?? I adjusted the rear view mirror so you can watch where I was!!!!
yes, i noticed the rearview mirror point-of-view, nice option....
thanks

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
hitthecones said:
Tsk Tsk, a CAI in D Stock... ;) Let's just get you switched right over to STX or something along those lines. This weekend we will be running our Red Line in DS and SS (just to get more drivers more seat time). Ours is really stock, but we do have a 3.5" exhaust and Hoosier Race Tires. Last time we won DS for the first CENDIV event and we hope to do well again. Maybe I'll post pics of ours...

Congrats on the time. I miss the NeOhio and ASCC guys. They used to be a ton of fun...CENDIV is like an all star game and the competition is intense.
Where is your next event?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
Radar detector mount. The radar detector is usually there till halfway thru first gear when it becomes an airborne missle heading to the back seat! Never had a vehicle that would toss it out of the mount upon accelleration until now, I've since taken the mount down and bent the "tongue" slightly so it is no longer an easy slip fit. The unit should stay in place.
Wow everytime I go to tech inspection they make sure that you dont have anything loose in the car. I cant even have anyhting in the glove box

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
alredline04 said:
Wow everytime I go to tech inspection they make sure that you dont have anything loose in the car. I cant even have anything in the glove box
Same here, they even make me pull out the floor mats.

ATWILSON said:
Originally Posted by Blu_Redline

ok, maybe you need a 3d imax camera then.....

all in 2nd gear!...kewl....i have that gear!

and not a single profanity! very impressive!!

ATWILSON: How's this... I'm not the fuckin' wedding singer, I don't do fucking requests. Go get a fuckin' IMAX® camera and mount it in your car, that way you can see YOURSELF shifting and moving the big circular wheel back and forth. And while your're at it, get 2 cameras, that way you can make a split screen movie showing the driving AND the track. ... and I don't do SINGLE profanities when I do them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
Same here, they even make me pull out the floor mats.

ATWILSON: How's this... I'm not the fuckin' wedding singer, I don't do fucking requests. Go get a fuckin' IMAX® camera and mount it in your car, that way you can see YOURSELF shifting and moving the big circular wheel back and forth. And while your're at it, get 2 cameras, that way you can make a split screen movie showing the driving AND the track. ... and I don't do SINGLE profanities when I do them.
Ease up dude. That language isn't necessary. It's an awesome video though. I wish I had a road course to run. Nicely driven/filmed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.