Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday the GM of a local saturn dealer show me the actual direct Saturn starting day of production for the Redline competition package(includes limited slip, fog lights, wheels, boost gauge +shift light) that day is February 14 and it looked as if these parts can order separately as they each have separate part numbers. I don't know the price of the competition package yet but I think it is very cool if we can get these parts separately and save us some money specially if we only need only some of the parts of these package.

Anyone knows anything else about this?

Also the GM did tell me that hopefully by the end the year there sould be some performance stage upgrades for the Redline as GM with the arrival of the Cobalt SS try to push these upgrades out to compete directly with
SRT-4 mopar stage upgrades.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
NIVO88T said:
LSD is great for autocross and perfect for high powered Red Lines(once they start popping up)
or even stock redlines that need to give it any gas during a turn, especially from a stop, for example, jumping out into traffic, i hate to have to be straight before i can give it any gas, and sometimes feel like an ass as a result (only once did i really push it, and that was before i realized how little traction we have while turning...)

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
how little? try no traction while turning.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
NIVO88T said:
Wait until you guys pop up with 400whp+ lol
that's what i'm talking about, we NEED and LSD, shouldn't even be an option for safety purposes, (wink, wink saturn...)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey guys, I just called my dealer today to see if they knew anything about the comp. package and if I can get it for my 04 redline because I saw earlier in this thread that we could buy it February 14th. The parts department didn't know anything about it. He first said that it must be aftermarket, I said, "no it is a new package for the 05." he said oh ok, it might just be a online offer. But I again said, "no, it is a new package for the 05 redline." He said oh ok, I'll check on it and let you know. How am I supposed to get these parts for my car if my parts department knows nothing about it?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BlckRdln04 said:
Hey guys, I just called my dealer today to see if they knew anything about the comp. package and if I can get it for my 04 redline because I saw earlier in this thread that we could buy it February 14th. The parts department didn't know anything about it. He first said that it must be aftermarket, I said, "no it is a new package for the 05." he said oh ok, it might just be a online offer. But I again said, "no, it is a new package for the 05 redline." He said oh ok, I'll check on it and let you know. How am I supposed to get these parts for my car if my parts department knows nothing about it?
they probably would not know as the people in the service and parts departments from my dealer didn't know that such a package even existed or was about to come out. It was just coincidence that yesterday the GM of that Saturn Dealer had it in his computer updates the information about the competition package. I didn't say that they are going to sell separately the competition package parts. The GM is going to find out in the next two days and let me know but he said because each part its numbered( and I will post the parts #he gave me as soon as I get home from work) that they may offer the parts separately. The competition package is going to be offered on Redlines after 2/14/05 thats when it goes into production as a factory option.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just because they have part numbers doesnt mean anything....Every single part on our cars has a part number being a stamping to a nut or bolt.

·
Registered
141 Posts
yianco465 said:
they probably would not know as the people in the service and parts departments from my dealer didn't know that such a package even existed or was about to come out. It was just coincidence that yesterday the GM of that Saturn Dealer had it in his computer updates the information about the competition package. I didn't say that they are going to sell separately the competition package parts. The GM is going to find out in the next two days and let me know but he said because each part its numbered( and I will post the parts #he gave me as soon as I get home from work) that they may offer the parts separately. The competition package is going to be offered on Redlines after 2/14/05 thats when it goes into production as a factory option.
Well let me know what you find out when you find it out.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know that every part of the car has a number but what the saturn GM said was that he he didn't believe that the competition package would not be available for people with the 04 redline and that even though the '05 competition package has to be ordered from factory that he has heard that the parts if not the whole package will be avaiable to 04 owners and he thinks most likely saturn will sell the parts separately and people will be able to get em installed at the dealership. that sounds about right if the price is right I would much rather spend money on performace enhancers rather than get an extra set of flashy wheels and fog lights and I will keep the LSD and the boost gauge w/shift light. The parts # for those who care are LSD (G85), wheel 17 X7 aluminum, painted (PFF), front fog lamps (T96), boost gauge with shift light (UXE) asd soon as I know anything else I will post.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just talked to local Saturn GM and he said that for right now the competition package is only available thorugh ordering the new 05 Redline. He said that the parts for the competition package will be available separately by June-July 05 and also he said that maybe a few months after that the first stage power upgrade for the RL will be available.

·
Registered
141 Posts
yianco465 said:
Just talked to local Saturn GM and he said that for right now the competition package is only available thorugh ordering the new 05 Redline. He said that the parts for the competition package will be available separately by June-July 05 and also he said that maybe a few months after that the first stage power upgrade for the RL will be available.
SWEET! i come home from school in May, so June-July 05 is perfect.. thanks for all the good news.. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts