Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was getting gas tonight and there was this lady and her son in the car next to me, son about 9-10 years old. I was pumping gas she rolled down her window and asked if that was the new Saturn Ion Sports car? I said yes, she goes is that the ION Sportscar the new one right? I'm thinking to myself "sportscar" eh' :) I'm like yaaaa she goes cool my son and I were admiring it its very nice. I said thanks, She goes my husband has a sports car its black like yours Its a Pontiac Firebird. I'm like cool, I think she was a lil out there. :) Just a fun story. 1st time someones really ever said anything about it since i had it, except stares etc form other peeps.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've been having the same experience recently. Ive had about 5 people asking me about it in the past week. No one even has heard of it when i tell them it has the 2.0 SC engine. The one cop here at Duquesne's campus was talking to me about it for about 10 min. He didnt know that it existed but is thinking about buying one now.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i agree that they're finally getting out there through word of mouth, likely from people that read the magazines and people that know us as owners. i've been getting it quite a lot, and even last summer got it a lot while crusing, they all assumed it was the redline after getting waxed

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've had someone stop me when I was driving the Red Line VUE and ask me what it was, and I've had people ask me if I work for Saturn because they didn't know the Red Line existed...thought I was driving some limited edition or something, I guess..

We habitually stalk Red Line owners, VUE and ION alike. We already hunted down BlackLine once in Vandalia, and we've stalked this one couple in a silver VUE about 3 times now. They're nice people, but I think the most recent time they got a little scared. :p

During the Dayton meet in march when we had 4 RL IONs, the air force cop that stopped by to make sure we weren't causing trouble was like "oh, are those the new Saturns? The supercharged ones?" He was pretty excited to see 4 of them in person, because he'd never seen one before that.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have had many people comment on the "bright blue" saying that they love the look of that color. A couple of people asked if the car was customized or stock, they were suprised to hear that it was stock. Most of the comments came from middle aged adults, not kids. One guy didn't believe me when I said it had a supercharger to the point where I had to pop the hood and prove it. "No way, not on a Saturn?"

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
It is a cool feeling when people dont know what it is but it almost a better feeling when they do know. I was picking up a new set of wipers and as I was paying for them the guy asked me if I wanted him to check the computer to make sure I had the correct ones. I figured why not and when I told him what car is was for his eyes lit up like a christmas tree. Anyway after 15 minutes of conversation I was out of there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.