Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just reach in and drop a 1.25" socket on the cap and use a ratchet with a 10" extension. It's pretty much a straight shot down. This also allows me to use my torque wrench on the cap to get it just tight enough. Very easy now (after doing it a couple of times).

·
Registered
524 Posts
Signals said:
I just reach in and drop a 1.25" socket on the cap and use a ratchet with a 10" extension. It's pretty much a straight shot down. This also allows me to use my torque wrench on the cap to get it just tight enough. Very easy now (after doing it a couple of times).
^^^ what the Saturn techs do...

Tom

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Signals said:
see I dont have a 1.25" socket, did have the wrench and a sawsall though :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
I bought the Snap-On socket - it's a 3/8" drive, so weaving the extension through the hoses and crap isn't as bad as using a 1/2" drive like I did with my 1 1/4" 1/2 " drive socket...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
clownhair said:
see I dont have a 1.25" socket, did have the wrench and a sawsall though :)
Homemade tools rule!

·
Registered
73 Posts
i also bought the sanp-on socket works a hell of a lot better than a normal 1/2 socket. i also have friend who makes the same socket on his lathe at home. but this was after the fact.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
I bought the Snap-On socket - it's a 3/8" drive, so weaving the extension through the hoses and crap isn't as bad as using a 1/2" drive like I did with my 1 1/4" 1/2 " drive socket...
Did you get it from Snapon.com, I am looking on their site and can't find a socket that size. Do you have the part number of the socket?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.