Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im sure you guys get this all the time im new to the forum and i am looking to buy a redline or a mzda--jetta--whatever--but i came across a dealership in ny getting rid of their 04 redlines for 14500 after 7000 rebate!
so is this a good deal i know this is probably a biased website obviously for reasons you love your specific car but truthfully is it a good car?throw on some winter tires and is it good in the snow??any other tidbit anyone wants to throw out would be appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
streetcar247 said:
so im sure you guys get this all the time im new to the forum and i am looking to buy a redline or a mzda--jetta--whatever--but i came across a dealership in ny getting rid of their 04 redlines for 14500 after 7000 rebate!
so is this a good deal i know this is probably a biased website obviously for reasons you love your specific car but truthfully is it a good car?throw on some winter tires and is it good in the snow??any other tidbit anyone wants to throw out would be appreciated
thanks
Everyone says not a very good snow car. Otherwise, this car is the best bang for the buck. Not the fastest out of the box. But best bang for the buck.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
For that price you would have to be crazy not to buy. Ill come up and add another one to my collection if you dont. Dollar for Dollar you will not find a better car or more performance. The biggest problem you will find with or without snow tires traction is not going to be there. Snow car a big no too much torque which is in most cases not a bad thing but once the summer rolls around the car is too much to give up. How far north are you?

·
Registered
134 Posts
can you say where your getting it at for that price? I am in the process of buying one for that price as we speak out of South Dakota, and i live in the Detroit area, it's gonna be a long 825mile trip for me to pick it up! :eek:

·
Registered
453 Posts
streetcar247 said:
thanks
Wow... go buy it before someone else does!!

Btw, I was also looking at jettas/ gti when I was car shopping. Performance wise, its the Redline all the way. And unless you're thinking of the mazda rx8, I'd say get the Redline. Where else are you gonna get a brand new Supercharged car for less then 15k??

·
Registered
105 Posts
Snow traction? No problems here!

2nd gear start...soon as the speedo say 10-15, spinning or not, it goes into 3rd and away I go. 3-5 inches of snow X-mas weekend and no issues with the RL.

Most cars are fine once you get going and leave enough room between cars and don't drive like a moron.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I am running Blizzak WS-50's on my redline and I just floor the car and it rips right through the snow. Its not a probalem after you get some decent meat on it.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Holy fucking shit, guys.

I thought I got a good deal paying 19-5 for mine. Maybe I should have waited.

If you don't go pick up that car for that price, you're a FOOL!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Paid 17,500 for mine in September and felt I got a good deal. I have had no problem in the snow since I put on the Dunlop Graspics. This is my daily driver.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Howsitgoing said:
Snow traction? No problems here!

2nd gear start...soon as the speedo say 10-15, spinning or not, it goes into 3rd and away I go. 3-5 inches of snow X-mas weekend and no issues with the RL.

Most cars are fine once you get going and leave enough room between cars and don't drive like a moron.
Precisely! You just can't "drive it like you stole it" in the winter! :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts