Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody is looking for headers , cat-back, cold air intake or any other performance parts FOR THE ION REDLINE ONLY, PLEASE E-MAIL ME at [email protected] . ALSO , THE APEX'I S-AFC II DOES WORK ON THE ION REDLINE. 22 wheel hp gain, dyno tested, but still working on it. picture is available. All other parts just got installed in my redline and let me tell you that the difference and power gains are incredable . No dyno #'s on these parts , but will be posted soon.

·
Registered
141 Posts
ktredlinehp said:
If anybody is looking for headers , cat-back, cold air intake or any other performance parts FOR THE ION REDLINE ONLY, PLEASE E-MAIL ME at [email protected] . ALSO , THE APEX'I S-AFC II DOES WORK ON THE ION REDLINE. 22 wheel hp gain, dyno tested, but still working on it. picture is available. All other parts just got installed in my redline and let me tell you that the difference and power gains are incredable . No dyno #'s on these parts , but will be posted soon.
I WANT TO KNOW! i just emailed you.. lol

·
Registered
683 Posts
Man if you are jut teasing us that would be just plain cruel. We are looking for anything (except the intake) If you post any specifics you should get a much more enthusiastic responce.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
yes, please post details here...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i'm gonna call BS on this right now

probobly going to try and gather money for "development" of the product in the manner Adam did, yet with only one post (even though some others might know who this guy/girl is) i have serious doubts about this guy having all the parts we need that haven't been seen for the last year or so. doubt there's any real affiliation with a professional company.

it'd have been better if they came on and said "hey, we want to make some parts if you're interested" instead of "i got what you need, e-mail me" without posting ANY details whatsoever

plus "we gained 22hp, dyno proven, but are still working on it" - what's that about, 22hp with an SAFC is really good as far as i'm concerned, not to mention that we run lean sometimes, but not others. I WANT PROOF!

i see no reason to have to e-mail this guy about it, when he could have gotten all the details over with in the original post, instead of telling everyone the same thing via e-mail

(i'll bite my tongue when i see something credible)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Partsspec said:
Dont you usually get more power with an AFC by LEANING out the fuel curve?
that's where i was going with it. i remember that PSI said not much could be done to improve the stock AF settings

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
matt said:
Sounds like another Adam Chant.
the more i read the first post the more i laugh to myself. he could have at least read the forums and seen what was up, maybe even try to establish himself here by providing some usefull info, instead of insisting he's done what's pretty much been established as not doable (the 22+ whp gain WHP)

who knows, maybe the guys that are running 18 psi in their redline don't know how to tune a piggyback...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
BlckRdln04 said:
I WANT TO KNOW! i just emailed you.. lol
please post the reply/replies you receive

·
Registered
141 Posts
Vita said:
please post the reply/replies you receive
I've had a few back and forth replies so far.. here they are..

1. everything was costume made for my car , but the place where i had it done, the guy who made it , built ten of every part, for my friends too. My friends love it and yes it is loud but mean deep tone, but (not loud enough to get pulled over) like i said , we have not dyno tested it yet. we dyno tested when we put the apex'i s-afc , showing a 22hp gain at the wheels and 12 on torque. also the exhaust and headers are polished stainless steel,if you get the headers and the cat-back together, we will give you a better price and we'll give you a hi-flow cat with it .

headers - 350.00
cat-back- 550.00
cold air intake - 250.00

2. i forgot to tell you that they are now been made to order . A deposit must be made to get yours made , made to fit and you - will-be-pleased. let me know.

3 (reguarding the warranty issues). if you call your saturn dealer , they will tell you that the only parts on that car that are not covered in the warranty is the exhaust.call me at 1- 717-385-9144 for more information.

4. i also do group discounts if you know other interested in those parts.

5 (reguarding pictures). i have pictures of the s-afc installed as of right now, but i will have the other pictures soon.

here you guys go, hope this helps.. im a little iffy about this though

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
so the guy gets some one-offs done up, and the guy making them makes ten of each for his friends for a car that's likely not to have sold ten in a 20 mile radius.

this guy came out of nowhere, so i'd suggest you not send your money to him, especially after what's been happening with the SCDyne headers (and he's been in the saturn community for a while). i'll tell you that i won't be sending in any money, that's for sure.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
This seems really fishy... funny how he took pictures of the Apex installed, yet didn't take any pictures of the parts that noone has seen before... a cat-back I can see, anyone can make one of those. An intake can be made pretty easily too, really, so can a header. Without a reputation or a dyno chart its all BS and speculation. While it might be easy to make parts that fit, it's much harder to make the parts work better than stock.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I'm sure you can install an ApexI controller, but it isn't going to do alot. Well, it shouldn't anyway. My buddy at work here just bought one for his Lancer Ralliart, and people told him it was useless without some serious mods. Not to mention they said it takes about 5 hours of tuning time in some cases.

Besides, if this guy is saying that they made 10 of them for his friends, are we to believe that all his buddies, all 10 of them, drive Ion Redlines? I haven't seen 10 Redlines in the entire city here. So his 'shop guy' should have at least a couple sitting around. This is crap. Has to be. Maybe someone else should email him. Say something a little different, or ask some VERY specific questions, ones that a Redline owner could only know. Maybe something about the MAF... like ask him how where the located the MAF since it's not removeable from the stock air tube, even though it is...

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Ha, I haven't seen over 15 Red Lines total. 7 at Saturn of Dayton South, 1 a friend Bought from a Different Dealer, MyRedline, Blu,Cyrix, and 2 Red Lines In Macon Georgia.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
also, i don't see anybody fabbing up parts, making so many extra for some guys "friends," period. it's a waste of the fabber's time and money to do it unless he knows it's going to be sold.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I can see how SCDYNE could lead people on. He has a website, has product pics, dyno's, and has been in the community for years. This guy comes out of no where, if you send him your money you are very very foolish...

Tom

1 - 20 of 43 Posts