Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been discussed before. Now I have known that the RL has its horsepower rated at the wheel. Does anyone know what it is at the crank? 10% more or something like that? If I am correct, most the literatures on cars only talk about HP at the crank, right?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
20% is drivetrain loss. So if you did the math backwards is 250hp give or take.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
your smokin something. Hell if ya wanna really get fancy you can also try and subtract out parasitic loss over the gains from the charger as well.

·
Registered
415 Posts
A bunch of guys in the Grand Prix club (my last car) got our cars dynoed. Stock rating is 240hp. On the dyno we were getting around 200hp give or take a few. I saw as low as 187 but he was having issues with his car. My GP was 203hp. some of the GPs with mods were getting up to 229. My GP was dynoed at 227hp with SC pully change and cold air intake. It was before I changed exhaust.

·
Registered
189 Posts
To be fair I think its a 15% drivetrain loss on FWD, before my RL I had a 03 Spec-v and it was rated at 175hp but only got about 146 at the wheel and I have seen FWD hondas stock that have more than 15% drivetrain loss. not much diference between RWD and FWD drivetrain loss maybe a litle bit more on RWD but not much, now AWD has more loss but that also depends whether or not it was dynoed in the proper AWD dyno. The RL probably gets about 240hp at the crank. But who cares the RL gets more than the manufacture hp rating at the wheel!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
For what it is worth, I don't care what the HP is per se. What I truly care about is the reaction when I step on the gas. Yes, HP is a measure of that effect, but the numbers only tell part of the story. Cornering, braking, body roll and mid gear acceleration also come into play.

Straight line speed is nice, but I prefer a nimble well handling car. Sure a top fuel dragster is fast, but you are only going 1/4 of a mile at a time hopefully in a straight line!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Nero said:
For what it is worth, I don't care what the HP is per se. What I truly care about is the reaction when I step on the gas. Yes, HP is a measure of that effect, but the numbers only tell part of the story. Cornering, braking, body roll and mid gear acceleration also come into play.
Cornering = Amazing
Braking = 4 ft more than a Gallardo from 80mph
Body Roll = Tiny amount (progressive rate springs)
Mid Gear Power = Awesome - supercharger is boosting at 2,000rpms to redline

This thing is a much better track car than drag car!

As far as the horsepower goes, I haven't seen one dyno that shows less that 200 at the wheels. Except for the guy that dynoed the boost mod.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
hahaha am the guy who keeps getting mentioned at below 200hp and i would like to not that i have fixed that problem and will be going to the dyno soon, and DONT DO THE BOOST MOD

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts