Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So overnight on Monday we had around a foot of snow. I took the truck to work Tuesday and put the snows on the Ion last night. I took the Ion to work today and had no power at all, seems the air cleaner is filling with snow and starving the engine for air. So I need a CAI intake to solve this problem but anyone have ideas what I can do till it gets here?

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
you have a full stock intake? how is snow getting in there?

·
Registered
274 Posts
you got ur well covers on? the mud covers ? No way you should have snow up there unless you went into a 2 ft pile.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
exactly. Something is not right here, any aftermarket air cleaner would be waaaaaaaaaay bad in snow...yo gotta truck? Use the damn thing ! Redlines are for good weather fun...

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I have plowed snow going into my driveway and never had any trouble.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I limped it over to my bros heated shop. The air box is packed with snow. I wasn't plowing snow with it by the time I was driving it most roads were plowed, a few weren't but I had tracks to follow. I'm going to leave it to thaw out and check to make sure all the covers are there(I just got the car in July). I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh about the truck she's not exactly road legal(depends on the mood of the cop that pulls you over) since its modded for off roading.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Yah there's definitely something wrong. I ran 2 winters with the factory intake (1 with the piping ending at where the silencer use to be) and 1 with the K&N and have had zero issues.

Nor have I seen this issue on this board in 4.5 years either.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Well I limped it over to my bros heated shop. The air box is packed with snow. I wasn't plowing snow with it by the time I was driving it most roads were plowed, a few weren't but I had tracks to follow. I'm going to leave it to thaw out and check to make sure all the covers are there(I just got the car in July). I'll keep you posted.
Thats no good...

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
yeah this doesnt make sense...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fender liners and all stock parts have been confirmed in place and not damaged. I not sure how or why it got in but I know its going to suck if I have to change the filter every time it snows.......

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Fender liners and all stock parts have been confirmed in place and not damaged. I not sure how or why it got in but I know its going to suck if I have to change the filter every time it snows.......
I can reaassure you 100% that there is something not right , as if it is OEM original and in proper order there will be ZERO snow in the airbox. Period. Thats all.

Now, put the rolled bill down, take a deep breath and have omega or someone look at it for you....:zlurking:

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
You are not welcome in Canada Matt. Get out.

:D

lol

And to the OP, get us some picks if you can of the front end (straight on and underneath) and maybe we can tell you if you are missing something.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts