Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
So do you want pics of it ripped a part and put back together? Proof of the snow could be hard since its all melted.
Put back together... I could careless what the snow looked like. If this is actually happening you have to find HOW the snow is getting in, as there is no way in hell any intake system for our vehicles has a chance of letting snow in so something HAS to be wrong.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Here you go, they are kinda crappy.
its not clear to me but what you should have behind the inner fender well cover is a snorkle that goes up to the marker lite area at an angle. it connects through a large rubber bellows to the bottom of the air box over the cradle. In this picture it is clearly shown the only difference is my air box is wrapped in silver insulation material

no snow will get in if you have all the OEM parts intact

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Snorkle = check
bellows from snorkle to airbox = check

I'm not a complete idiot. I can't see any way snow would be getting in but it did. I just figured someone here might have had it happen. I'll book it in with my local dealer but I have a better chance of winning the lotto then them fixing a problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
634 Posts
are your fog lights in, or are they taken out to let in more air/snow???? even if they were out, i dont think it would matter, but check anyways.... after you cleaned it out, did you drive it again? and did it happen again?? did you sweep your car off after it snowed that day??

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Snorkle = check
bellows from snorkle to airbox = check

I'm not a complete idiot. I can't see any way snow would be getting in but it did. I just figured someone here might have had it happen. I'll book it in with my local dealer but I have a better chance of winning the lotto then them fixing a problem.
now lets be cautious. :rofl:The piktars you have posted show a lot of debris up in the snorkle area, so was the inner fender in place properly attached and intact / undamaged, when this happened?:mecry:

and the next post had good questions.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Strange things can get in the airbox though. When I put my K&N on I pulled out 2 handfulls of dogfood lol. It had never been opened before that point either. Only explanation I could come up with was maybe mice.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
peppermint oil or bounce sheets in the garage should take care of the mice. I never had anything in my aircleaner. its an 04. lets see 9-4 =5 years. amazing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Fog lights are in, car was cleaned off, no I have not driven it since. The filter was trashed and I had to order a new one, just got it today. As far as the fender liner it seemed to be in right, and its not damaged. There was a some dirt leaves and dead bugs in the fender.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Well I got it back from the dealer, they say everything is ok. So still no idea what the hell has going on. I guess I'll just drive it and if i happens again I'll drop it at the dealer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
So overnight on Monday we had around a foot of snow. I took the truck to work Tuesday and put the snows on the Ion last night. I took the Ion to work today and had no power at all, seems the air cleaner is filling with snow and starving the engine for air. So I need a CAI intake to solve this problem but anyone have ideas what I can do till it gets here?
Short ram intake is the best bet, CAI goes too low and might suck in snow as well. SRI will be in a warmer area where snow would melt before getting up there. I could probably get you a deal if I look into my old Saturn Tuners wholesale account I still have.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
all the SRIs i've seen for this car lead into....the airbox! so if he's having an issue, then he'll still have an issue.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
ew. was it really snow or like frozen mud?

the bottom of the elbow is supposed to have a drain hole, but i bet caked in mud could block it and allow whatever splashing you have to accumulate.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts