Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This will be a thread on the forums dedicated to helping others have an idea of what certain mods look like, sound like, and other things through the use of video. If you've gotten modified and would like to share you should:

1. Post the video or link to your video showing off the mod and what it looks and sounds like etc.
2. Write a brief description, what the mod is, how much/where you got it, how you like it, whatever you feel would be good to mention.

Post up boys :bigthumb:.

Please keep text posts out of the thread.
This is for videos and their explanations only.
Questions, comments, should all be made via PM or some other form of communication outside of the thread.

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts

Stage 2, AEM SRI, magnaflow muffler, SMS throttle body, bad IC pump basically stock for me.

My dyno run with bad IC pump... Stage 2, 2.85, AEM, magnaflow muffler, sms throttle body, colder plugs, hp tuning

Stage 2, 2.85, 3"catback(no dp yet), AEM, sms tb, colder plugs, HPT, bad IC pump.

Only vids i have no real recent vids with my most up todate mods i have. Cuz DAMN ive done alot more than what mods i posted in these vids.

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
This thread is now stuck!

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,889 Posts
MagnaFlow 2.5 Catback VS Stock

Stock Exhaust, K&N, 2.9" pulley on GM Stage 2 VS Magnaflow Exhaust, K&N, 2.9" pulley on GM Stage 2.

The video shows revs of 2500 and 4500 rpms. Followed by a second gear full throttle acceleration.

Stock exhaust

Magnaflow

First off I am very satisfied with the sound. I was afraid it was going to be too loud but it is perfect. purrs like a mean kitten!

I don’t like to speculate on the hp gains but the car defiantly feels stronger.

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,889 Posts
I am very happy with it.

The only problem I have with it is that the "Polished" finish has flaked off all the pipes. I drove it a little bit last winter so I guess that could be expected. The muffler still looks great.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
I am very happy with it.

The only problem I have with it is that the "Polished" finish has flaked off all the pipes. I drove it a little bit last winter so I guess that could be expected. The muffler still looks great.
Brother, that was a worthy addition! The 1st vid made a great SC whine. You could hear it as soon as you U-turned. The 2nd video was even meaner sounding. The drone of the exhaust and the sC whine were definitely noticeable. Clean vids too.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
heres a vid of my custom borla exhaust. most people rock magnaflow aftermarket exhausts except borla sounds better ;)

2.5 piping w/ 4 inch magnaflow resonator. stock tip
YouTube - saturn ion redline borla exhaust

·
Registered
189 Posts
Holy hell old thread lol... Since it's revived I hope to see more bids lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
I know its old, but i'd like to see more exhaust threads on here if you guys got em, theyre really helpful

especially if anyone has the dynamax thrush or axleback setups (as ill be going with one of them)

Thanks!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Got a flowmaster on mine right now. For driving around town, it's ok, but when I take long trips, the sound can get annoying. Anyone know of a muffler that gives good performance, but won't bug the hell out of you on a long drive?

·
Registered
325 Posts
@Tranced

Thanks, I'll look into it. I can get over it, but I got my daughter in the car, and I'm sure she gets annoyed with that crap after a while too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts