Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2004 Redline, almost stole it in fact. Paid $350 with no body damage and a clean title. It does need some work though, I ran a diagnostic and I have low compression in cylinder 4. It also blows smoke and misses badly. I am thinking I need new rings. The car has 136k and will run and drive. I am looking for advice on parts, like whats all needed in doing this job, what other things I should do while I have the motor out, stuff like that. And also if anyone knows about a shop that could do this work for a reasonable price. I have a budget of $2,000-$2500 worked out. I am not looking to make this a race car, but more of a spirited daily driver. :thinkerg:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
that is one hell of a steal man, congrats!
As for the low compression, I think the 04s had fuel issues, causing the 4th cylinder to blow out.
I cant find where I read that.
Just a thought, but may be bad injectors.
Hopefully someone can chime in who knows a bit more then me.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Confirm the low compression with a gauge and continue from there. Used engine will more than likely be the best route looking at the budget. Keep us posted

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My budget allows me around 2k$. Anyone local know a good shop to do this? I found a used engine in Michigin for $1095. Plus shipping. Has 76k miles. I just really like the idea of a fresh motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts