Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Test drive them and choose which one you like best. The Redline comes stock with the Recaros and it has the 2 suicide doors making access to the rear seats infinitely easier. The Recaros are a $1500 option on the Cobalt SS, but you also get the LSD, which is $1100 by itself. There are many many more options to consider, but I would never choose the Cobalt over the Redline because of those 2 suicide doors. You don't know the value of them until you've had them.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
hey, thats cool what you did with your trunk. How much did it cost? did you do it yourself?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
i would pick the redline again if i did it over ...... but i will say the cobalt will get way more aftermarket support than the redline will....

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I think what it comes down to is the interior and exterior preferences. I personally am partial to the Red Line's exterior, but the Cobalt's interior looks a little more inviting to me. Oh and that blue color is not an available color, but its still "groovy". :D

Oh yeah I forgot about the suicide doors too.........:D

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have a Cobalt SS and I love it. I have also driven a redline and it was just about the same performance wise. However I perfer the styling of the SS/SC and I am a die hard Chevy fan.

I can't stand the center mounted guages on a car either. Also does the Redline have the 7 speaker Pioneer system ? Thats a great plus on the car as well.

Here is my car. I love the Arrival Blue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
XxGarbSxX said:
Test drive them and choose which one you like best. The Redline comes stock with the Recaros and it has the 2 suicide doors making access to the rear seats infinitely easier. The Recaros are a $1500 option on the Cobalt SS, but you also get the LSD, which is $1100 by itself. There are many many more options to consider, but I would never choose the Cobalt over the Redline because of those 2 suicide doors. You don't know the value of them until you've had them.
I Test drove them both already.. Hard choice but thanks guys..

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
i to like the interior better in the cobalt... sorry guys i just do. but i prefer the 4 doors of the redline and i dont know the cobalt looks really good dont get wrong but side by side i just think the redline looks that much better.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
buy mine for way cheaper then both.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You should check over at the Cobalt boards.

www.cobaltss.net has lots of owners so I am sure you could get their opinions as well.

If you ask me the Redlineforum people are going to perfer the Redline and the Cobaltss.net people are going to perfer the Cobalt hence the reason they got the car.

I definetly think we have a lot to learn from each other hence my reason for hanging out here.

·
Registered
493 Posts
ArrivalBlueSS said:
You should check over at the Cobalt boards.

www.cobaltss.net has lots of owners so I am sure you could get their opinions as well.

If you ask me the Redlineforum people are going to perfer the Redline and the Cobaltss.net people are going to perfer the Cobalt hence the reason they got the car.

I definetly think we have a lot to learn from each other hence my reason for hanging out here.
What do we have to learn from ss owners? We were here before you (not to sound so imature) and we've known about pretty much every single upgrade coming out, or in r&d, for our cars for months. You guys are pretty much using us as guinea pigs, just like gm did. You come here to find out whats good for your car and what isn't based on our experience because you guys don't have the balls to try anything for your selves. This is a RedLine forum, not a Cobalt SS forum, and i would say this to anyone that doesn't own a RedLine and posts in this forum, you don't belong here. Unless a Cobalt owner comes to this forum and contributes some very valuable information, i will never see you guys as anything but moochers. Just my 02.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
RedLined said:
What do we have to learn from ss owners? We were here before you (not to sound so imature) and we've known about pretty much every single upgrade coming out, or in r&d, for our cars for months. You guys are pretty much using us as guinea pigs, just like gm did. You come here to find out whats good for your car and what isn't based on our experience because you guys don't have the balls to try anything for your selves. This is a RedLine forum, not a Cobalt SS forum, and i would say this to anyone that doesn't own a RedLine and posts in this forum, you don't belong here. Unless a Cobalt owner comes to this forum and contributes some very valuable information, i will never see you guys as anything but moochers. Just my 02.

Dude, what crawled up your ass and died?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
RedLined said:
Here it is folks, the Ignorant Statement of the Day. Hats off to you RedLined.

·
Registered
710 Posts
We're...

We're siblings. You wouldn't say that stuff about your family member would ya? I don't care if were guniea pigs, were going to be more of a sleeper than the Cobalt. EVERYONE knows about the Cobalt SS but not too many people know what I'm talking about when i say i own a Redline. I like it that way. BTW I didn't like the center mounted guages either but it takes about 3 days to get used to it then you never wanna go back... When i drive cars with normal guages i think that the dash is so crowded and bunched together. The interior of the ION is spread out but still in reach. I love both cars but my ION a little more.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
RedLined said:
Like it or not, that's how it is. Most people on this forum are doing the same thing. Waiting for other people on the forum to try things first. Unless you've been out pioneering new things like GoofyGuy, Clownhair, MotorMouth, Psi-Fi, etc... you're participating in the exact same pattern as you're accusing them of doing. That's the point of an online forum.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hey...

Hey i did some pioneering...that problem with the blue guages and the fading of the blue and the purple of the redline or w/e. I just sharpeed that dashes and it looks great and hasn't come off for 2k miles now :D does that count? OO! you can also remove the "Ecotec Supercharger" from the fuel cover and make it into a key chain :D did that too.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
This is my only mode of transportation, you'll see no pioneering on my part. :eek:

Although I must concur with the majority of the group here. I think that ArivalBlueSS was just trying to be helpful and stating the obvious. If you go to a Red Line forum most of the members there will tell you they prefer the Ion to the Cobalt. If you go to the Cobalt forums you'll hear the opposite. GM's brand managment scheme allows for individuals to buy cars based on what appeals to them most. Personally I would like GM to go back to the days where you could choose your car A La Carte. I think I'd order a Red Line exterior with a Caddy interior, Corvette Z06 Drivetrain (rear wheel drive portion as well) and Aveo badging (for insurance purposes). But the Red Line and the Cobalt SS are about as different as the Silverado and the Sierra so no need to be nasty to our sister cars.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
You won't see too much of it from me either... safe things that I can do, I'll try to do. When it comes to some of these home-brewed mods, and things like water injection, big boost kits, etc... I like to wait for results. If this was a weekend/track car, and I wanted to make it a monster, it would be different. I drive it to work and back though, so it's gotta be running every day, all day, and without incident 20 days a month.

Research, I'll do... just can't afford to break the car, time-wise or money-wise right now.

So all I'm saying, is well over 1/2 the people on here, are here to see how other people do things, and how other things work for people, lesser known suppliers, quick if not always 100% accurate updates on things, etc... can't hate everyone there...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts