Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
121 - 123 of 123 Posts

Ā·
Registered
2004 Saturn Ion Redline
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Update: 8/10

Well it seems the whole taking the transmission out thing and everything I did was for nothing!!

Cut to last week Thursday, I was driving to work, depressed the clutch and once AGAIN I had lost pressure šŸ¤¬.

After driving a few more times I'm pretty much back to square 1, an intermittent problem where the clutch feels great and full pressure at times and other times I have almost none and can't even change into the next gear and have to pump the pedal

Honestly at this point I'm debating on just stripping the suspension upgrades off this one and putting them on my black one then selling off what's left or making this one a parts car. Of course alot of my current thinking is out of frustration. I currently have the fuse block, ecm, and brackets out again, I have inspected the system and found no leaks, the elbow (distribution block) and clutch pipe appear to be installed correctly, and right now I'm working on bleeding the system throughly.

One thought i had was I didn't "bench bleed" the TOB before I installed it (I know, rookie mistake). I'm wondering if that may be why I'm having these problems.... I do know these clutch systems are a PITA to bleed, but from what other members tell me it's not an absolute necessity to bleed that before install. I mean I'd hate to have to tear the whole thing back apart just to bleed the damn TOB

I think at that point in would just install another new LNF bearing

IDK

Ā·
Super Moderator
1,831 Posts
weird. really weird. Id mark the brake reservoir, and confirm no leaking.
Def try bleeding it again.
Or, get a prybar or something. depress the clutch pedal, crack the bleeder with a piece of hose going into a bottle and let it sit overnight. air rises. worth trying some small things before braking it down.

Ā·
Registered
2004 Saturn Ion Redline
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Update 9/10

It seems I can't fix this issue.

I've spent an entire week bleeding the system different ways. The pedal is fine for a couple weeks then I run into intermittent pedal pressure loss issues. Seems more noticeable in the afternoon when the temps are 85-90. In the mornings where it's 70-75 I have almost no issues.

I think I'm just gonna break down, pull the transmission again and put the highest quality TOB in whatever that may be and ditch this LNF one

It's either that or strip the good parts and transfer over to my 2005 and ditch the whole car which I don't really wanna do because she's a Comp. However my patience is getting very limited at this point

121 - 123 of 123 Posts