Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quetion, but did anyone recieve a red line specific owners manual. My dealership said "they are exactally the same" so of course I got into a argument with the service manager about, how would anyone know hoe to check the coolant level in their i/c, or how about the capacities? stuff like that which of course he had no answer to . . . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
they are exactly the same, but there should be redline specific supplimentation on checking coolant levels, etc.

just looked through the book this past weekend to figure out how to set the clock, and i happened to come across this. what i would like to know is if they have a redline specific maintenance schedule yet

·
Registered
127 Posts
They are the same as the Quad Coupe but not exactly, so I got a Quad Coupe with all these loose RedLine-specific addendum stuck in them. BTW, I have the 04.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well crap, maybe I just need to look harder, but I am sure i did not see anything, maybe just a early 04 pre redline version of the manual

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
they shouldn't even be quad coupe specific, mine is for the ion in general, only with the add-ins

·
Registered
6 Posts
As stated above, there should be a separate insert in your manual or with your paperwork. It gives some info on checking the intercooler coolant level and different capacities for engine and intercooler. If you didn't get the supplement, talk to the dealership and get one.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
FYI, if you need to add coolant in the supercharger, bring it to the dealership. There is a procedure for that that take a little time. It's not just pouring coolant into the tube like you would normally fill a reservoir.

As far as the owners manual, they really are the same. Make sure that you got the supplemental pages for the coolant, but he rest is identical

·
Registered
556 Posts
My manual has 2 separate paragraphs for each pertinent topic: 1 for the 2.2L, DOHC engine and 1 for the 2.0-liter, supercharged engine. In fact, both my manuals have the same layout.

My salesguy handed me my manual-packet while I was waiting for them to finish up on my car.

The next day, I found the second manual-packet already in my glove compartment.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just happen to have Katie's right here. The only difference is a little insert.

GM Part # 04IONSUPL
Title : "Supplement to the 2004 Saturn ION Owner's Manual"

It's all of 3 pages folded together.

·
Registered
556 Posts
linenoyz said:
... The only difference is a little insert.

GM Part # 04IONSUPL
Title : "Supplement to the 2004 Saturn ION Owner's Manual"

It's all of 3 pages folded together.
I have that insert also. Plus my manual has separate information for the 2 different engines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts