Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hell all ^-^ I am here to see if anyone has figured out where or how to procure a parking brake cable that actually works for are RedLine models. I own a 2006 black manual RedLine model and have been having difficulty obtaining parking brake cables. I have tried Dorman parking brake cables but the spring and length does not fit the RedLine edition. I have also gone out of my way to get the speedway motors universal cut to fit cables for drum or caliper brakes as well. My rear brakes are caliper based not drum. The issue with the speedway motors was the piece to hook up to the caliper was not long enough for the nut to reach the thread and lock it in place so I had to return them. I have messaged GM motors to possibly get some blue prints or OEM papers to have a 3rd party make a set and no response. I have also gone and asked a few rad airs on what they would do in this situation and also no response from them as well. Ive gone through these forums and have seen a lot of people also have the same difficulty and recommend using cobalt ss cables or no answer. I am at a loss here unless I find a car in a junkyard like a pull a part and take some cables but since Saturn isn't around they are not easy to come by. I was hoping anyone who does maintenance on there car and has had this problem or solved this problem could please help or give input. Thank you for your time.

·
Super Moderator
1,810 Posts
I have heard about using the cobalt one as well. or even an hhr with rear disks. all I remember is something about needing the sleeve off them to make it work, otherwise its plug and play

1 - 3 of 3 Posts