Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all this guy lives in my neighborhood and he has a 02 prelude with catback exhaust big chrome rims intake probably a header but anyways im dropping a intake and exhast in my car this week who would win?? and by how much??
what do the shift-tronic prelude's run stock and what is there hp to weight ratio compared to us? i may bet money :D can i beat him by a car or more or would it be a waste of money to bet him??

thanks all

· Registered
150 Posts
If he was a manual he'd put up a better fight (but would still lose): with the shift-tronic (read: stupid automatic with a marketing gimmick), the race will be considered manslaughter.

· Registered
493 Posts
I raced a prelude that had every bolt on possible (minus a turbo) and needless to say it was almost as bad as racing a stock one. For some reason these cars aren't that fast short of turbo or supercharging. :p

· Registered
2,069 Posts
RedLined said:
I raced a prelude that had every bolt on possible (minus a turbo) and needless to say it was almost as bad as racing a stock one. For some reason these cars aren't that fast short of turbo or supercharging. :p

They sure can make a lot of noise though.

· Registered
4,145 Posts
I beat a 99 prelude w/ CAI, Exhaust, test pipe, header, cams by half a car length 4 times..he was stick as well. h22a prelude's are fairly quick from a roll.

· Registered
535 Posts
UKYNate said:
My friend has a prelude with a s/c.

He claims that it could take a redline any day....

comments?
Line up and see

· Superd00d
22,045 Posts
UKYNate said:
My friend has a prelude with a s/c.

He claims that it could take a redline any day....

comments?
Sounds like a driver's race to me, horsepower would be similar... if it's a stick, it should be a driver's race...

· Registered
162 Posts
No money, Ya just might miss a gear and never catch up, Trust me on this one.

· Registered
94 Posts
my advise:

learn to drive...

I say line up beside him, but no less than $100... If you're going to race make it interesting...

· Registered
3,705 Posts
RedLined said:
That's because they're already tuned at the factory. You go changing things without looking at the whole picture and you lose the tune.

Who do you think knows more about the car, the engineers that designed it, or the aftermarket that plays with it?

· Registered
4,950 Posts
yrethguad said:
That's because they're already tuned at the factory. You go changing things without looking at the whole picture and you lose the tune.

Who do you think knows more about the car, the engineers that designed it, or the aftermarket that plays with it?
Hmmm. Very good point, for any factory performance car.

· Premium Member
3,231 Posts
i think I know more then the factory thank you very much. You have a ton of torque over a prelude. Let that be your biggest advantage.

· Registered
3,705 Posts
goofyguy said:
i think I know more then the factory thank you very much. You have a ton of torque over a prelude. Let that be your biggest advantage.
You do know more than the factory, as the factory is a bunch of robots. Although, the factory knows all the numbers.

Torque kicks ass.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.