Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well seeing how the Redline's main competition is the 04 Mopar stage 1 SRT-4, and that stage II is coming out this Dec for Dodge, with stage III (300hp/300ft lbs of torque) coming in the spring, is there any hint of aftermarket upgrades for this car? Im not familiar with sc's , so how does one upgrade this type of car?

If Saturn made it rwd, or better yet, used the awd transfer case and driveshaft off the VUE for an AWD model, then it would own an SRT-4 imo.

·
Registered
31 Posts
From what I gather, you have to upgrade pulleys to increase the boost of a SC. As for the AWD. Ask the WRX guys if AWD owns the SRT........lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ATL-SRT said:
From what I gather, you have to upgrade pulleys to increase the boost of a SC. As for the AWD. Ask the WRX guys if AWD owns the SRT........lol.
Yes it does ...

·
Registered
63 Posts
heh... WRX vs SRT on a Redline forum....

might as well throw my hat in the ring...

Traded the 02 WRX on an SRT-4, never looked back, plan to replace the 96 Neon with a Redline, still wouldn't consider the WRX again...

Anyone know when the Redline ION will be released?

Dale

·
Registered
64 Posts
so, those of you who have been to your local dealers... do they know much about this yet, like options and stuff, so if i were to go in and talk to them, i wouldn't know more than them about it?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
rjp said:
so, those of you who have been to your local dealers... do they know much about this yet, like options and stuff, so if i were to go in and talk to them, i wouldn't know more than them about it?
I doubt it, delaers are dumb when it comes to things like this. Like the Saturn dealer by me, they're morons. I know more about Saturns than the whole sales department there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
These cars have no chance against an SRT-4, nor do they have a chance against a WRX. Especially when they fall apart after about 3 years.

·
Registered
63 Posts
hah... knew you were a troll all along... "oh this car is soooo.... cute..." "Oh, look at me, I'm a girl"

I guess it's good to be easily amused....

Dale

·
Registered
34 Posts
jewpac42 said:
These cars have no chance against an SRT-4, nor do they have a chance against a WRX. Especially when they fall apart after about 3 years.
fall appart?
this isnt a ford forum buddy.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
jewpac42 said:
Fall apart in 3 years? I guess if you constantly beat the shit out of something it will fall apart. Go crawl back under your bridge jew troll.

·
Registered
2 Posts
matt said:
Fall apart in 3 years? I guess if you constantly beat the shit out of something it will fall apart. Go crawl back under your bridge jew troll.
True-Dodge's are no Hondas/Toyota as far as quality goes. But I think 3 years is cutting it a bit short. Maybe 4. Plus, no reason to snap at jewpac like that she's just been inspiried by the crappy Neons in the past.

·
Registered
63 Posts
methylxanine said:
True-Dodge's are no Hondas/Toyota as far as quality goes. But I think 3 years is cutting it a bit short. Maybe 4. Plus, no reason to snap at jewpac like that she's just been inspiried by the crappy Neons in the past.
heh, It (she's male on SRTForums.com) was speaking of the Redline with the "3 years" comment...

I don't know, I think the Redline ION will last at least as long as it's 7/70 warranty. Actually, I don't know how long GM warranties their products, I'm just assuming it's the new industry standard of 7/70...

Dale

·
Registered
31 Posts
GM's have pretty good warranty's now and days.

I don't think the ion is going to be a bad car at all.. since what I know so far from the regular Saturn's is that they are built to last.. and my friends Saturn has well over 200k and hasn't broken.. so I guess they have good reliability.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Blackdemon said:
wow look at the trolls already...
Trolls?! TROLLS?! Stand back I'll smash 'em bash 'em crush 'em with the all new Sledge-a-matic Special Anti-Troll Food Processor ... it slices, it dices, and it makes one helluva mess ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
If the Redline is going to come with Saturn's standard warranty ... it will only have a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty. That's a far cry from Dodge's 7-year/70,000-mile warranty. :rolleyes:

Regarding Saturn's reliability ... the new ION's are nothing like the old S-Series cars. Saturn is now GM, and the new ION's are typical GM cars. Engine's and tranny's being replaced with less then 20k on them, fuel filter recalls, all kinds of weird issues. Everytime I go in for an oil change, I see at least one ION having non-standard repairs done to it.

I think the 2004+ VUE's say it all. With all of the different GM engine's Saturn had to choose from, why did Saturn decide to use Honda's engine/transmission combo in the 2004+ VUE's? Which by the way ... has yet to have any issues at all at my local dealerships.

As for the subject of the post ... Redline vs. SRT4 ... I've heard that Saturn isn't even going to try to compete with the SRT4. It's going for the Accord RSX market. A smooth but sporty ride, 200hp (at the crank, as apposed to the SRT4's ~230hp to the ground), conservative styling, etc. Reading everything that's come out from Saturn about the Redline so far ... it seems like they are right on target. The car will be great on the back roads, and even a little sporty on road course tracks ... but it won't be able to beat the SRT4 in a drag race.

IMHO, Saturn is going for the people that don't care about mod'ing the car. They just want to spend $20k, hop in, and go back and forth to work with a little extra pep (so basically ... the existing Saturn market). As with the S-Series cars ... most of the serious mod'ing will be left up to a few people with lots of money/time. Everyone else will be adding stiffer springs, engine mounts, and other bolt-on parts. Only a handful of people will have 300hp+ Redline's, and only a handful of those people will be able to keep them running for any length of time.

Just my two cents. Not trying to change anyone's mind ... just adding my thoughts to the post. If you want a Redline, buy a Redline. If you want a SRT4, buy an SRT4. :cool:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts