Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody read the revue of the Cobalt SS in Sport Compact Car. They were talking about how much better the car shifts and drives than the Redline. How is this possible if they are built from the same platform and have the same motor, tranny, and supercharger. I think there prejudice against tupperware. :mad:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
it's probobly got the reconfigured ECU, etc., and any other changes that will be implemented into the RL by the time the SSs/c is released

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
but the crap about the shifting the handling and so on that is all crap. They even got the cars weight wrong about the saturn. O well thats what i get when i buy the red headed step child of GM

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just noticed they got the weight wrong. I just cant believe that Saturn as a company still gets so much crap from the aftermarket. You would think with the introduction of the Redline we would be able to get some respect. But apparently that is to much to ask for. Oh, well I guess well just have to earn the respect the hard way :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
remember guys, no matter how much you like it, it IS still just a saturn. i thought that was why most of you bought them in the first place? just keep doing your thing and pretty soon, you'll as huge a community as the turbo dodge world. you'll get known. guys like me are helping to spread the word!
tony

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is the reason we buy the car, its different and they look nice. But its about time the Saturn community starts getting the respect it deserves.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yes, this is going to be one HELL OF A SUMMER!

SUMMER OF SATURN IS 2005!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It will be a blast. Nothing like smoking people in a multi colored SC2. When I can finally afford a Redline my neighbors are in real trouble.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Keep in mind guys.. it takes a while to gain respect from the performance community. Dont try to force anyone to follow your beliefs.. If the respect is deserved, it will come naturally with time.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
ekool said:
Keep in mind guys.. it takes a while to gain respect from the performance community. Dont try to force anyone to follow your beliefs.. If the respect is deserved, it will come naturally with time.

Lol, that's what I keep telling this idiot of a guy at work who thinks he's my boss......Do you work in Dallas TX?? :p

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
ekool said:

it will come, oh it will come,

i assume the SRT-4 had some of the same issues when it came out for being "just a neon," although they had the MOPAR guys on their side, and we've got, oh yeah, we don't have much do we...

soon enough we'll be on par once the reluctant aftermarket picks up and we start to break 12's, until then, all we'll get is "it's no SRT"

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well the SS is SUPPOSED to have a "specific" tranny, and I haven't read the article in Sport Compact Car but the two or three that I have read in other mags all had the LSD. And I agree w/ Vita. They will probably incorporate all differences into the RL's... I know they are gettin the LSD this year. (It will probably get the tranny too...if it doesn't already have the exact one.)

·
Registered
762 Posts
ACTUALLY I forget what I read but the SS is SLOWER then are car. It's only by a few 10ths but YES IT IS in fact faster. The aftermarket is slowly comming. Think about it we got Psi-Fi is developing and now we have Revitup Motorsports. I've already spoken to them guys and they are real cool. It's coming slowly but it is surely. Summer of 2005 the Saturns will start turning ALOT of heads. I can't wait to start hitting the track putting up nice times. Just wait till the first redline to break 12's then 11's, if my money allows it I'll be one of the first to do it! I'm doing everything I can now to save up the money to put towards developing the products to make these cars some of the fastest on the track. As long as us Saturns stick together as a family we will make a stand and we will earn A HELL OF ALOT of respect from both the import world and the domestic world ...... ok now that the motivational speech is over lol rock on guys!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Adam_Ant said:
It will be a blast. Nothing like smoking people in a multi colored SC2. When I can finally afford a Redline my neighbors are in real trouble.
LOL, mine's just busted to all hell, but I can feel your pain. I've got a shattered front fender and my turn signal is held in with packing tape. Let's just suffice it to say I don't get many challenges from ricers anymore cause my car looks like crap - but at least I can usually smoke the ones that do want to play. :p

·
Registered
153 Posts
goofyguy said:
but the crap about the shifting the handling and so on that is all crap. They even got the cars weight wrong about the saturn. O well thats what i get when i buy the red headed step child of GM
what is the weight of our car and is teh cobalt really lighter?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Heck, I have an 04 Red Line and would be the first to tell you that the 05 Red Line's Transmission (mainly the clutch) is much better in the 05 than in the 04. I mentioned it in another thread and I'll mention it here, all 04 owners that haven't already I suggest they go test drive an 05. Maybe if we get enough disgruntled 04 owners Saturn will retro-fit our 04s with the same clutch/transmission pieces that are on the 05s. I doubt it but its worth a shot........

1 - 20 of 30 Posts