Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had no idea what the outcome of this race would be. We lined them up, to see a straight stretch lying ahead of us waiting to be torn into. I yelled go, spun little off the line to take the lead as i knew the stealth was side by side. Then it was time for 2nd, I took the advice I was given about reving to 4500 and then shift but i still spun allowing the AWD stealth to shift perfectly to take the lead. As soon as the wistling sound of the super charger took off I was leading by a half a car, we shifted into 3rd at the same time and were neck to neck through 4th and I started to lead as the stealth started to perform its own version of the redline. I was leading back at a half a car and then the magic happened I relised i had another gear I shifted into 5th and took the winning lead of a car and a half.... We pulled over to the next gas station to chat.. The stealth stopped at the entrance of the station shutoff and the driver got out.. We shuk hands and he admitted to his loss as he complimented me on my win.. He said that he thought there was something wrong with his car he popped the hood and cranked the starter. But straight to wondering ears would hear but a pretty little rod was knocking at the wall. I sayed with the driver untill a trailer was there to load the car up.. and then left...
The moral of the story don't redline and then down shift.... ;)

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
Damn nice kill,But how in THE hell did you beat a twin turbo stealth, back in the day those were THE SHIT!! Somebody, Call my momma!! I seen one of those sneak up on a 911 and snatch his doors off!! Next time I see one... :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't Believe it my self but o well tough luck next time... ....The car looked looked fast!!!!! :confused:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Good kill, those awd platforms can get quite heavy but still they also have a v6 and two turbos to pull is arse.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Did you look that up? I'm not sure what it was, but I remember when they came out, my boss got a brand new one. I was riding with him, and he was revving at a new Z28, took off, the 3000GT got about a 1/2 a car length up, and the Camaro passed us pretty steadily all the way up to around 80 or so, where we backed off. At the time, I was amazed at how close it kept up with the Camaro. I'm really not sure where EXACTLY we backed off, but it wasn't tooooo fast. They are a quick car though, the non-tubos are pretty slow to me though.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
487 Posts
tstmonkey said:
Don't those things run like 5.2 0-60 and high 13's low 14's in the 1/4 stock? I think you were up against a bad driver. Which is a good thing for you.

low to mid 14's

they are VERY heavy

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
new they run low to mid 14s not all cars get modded or taken the best care of when the are used. My friend has an integra all stock 94 and say all the time 140hp. yeah thats great 10 years and 240k miles ago. But hey could have been a bad driver as well.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yeah a slight modded 300zxtt couldnt even shake me. he was pissed!! a stock 4cyl wouldnt leave his doors alone.( the above stated was from a 40mph roll high rev) Good night tho i was 4 for 6.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts