Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to do some mods/ upgrades in more of a factory fashion and was wondering if Traction Control was ever an option on the Redline,( mine is an '05),. My concern is that I live in the midwest where we have heavy snows at times and given the torque of these monsters, I have concerns of getting stuck. I questioned my trans guy about installing a Limited Slip Diff, but he said it would make things worse in those conditions. If traction control was not offered, wondering what opinions on adding the LSD? Also, I've added factory foglights and am wondering can the BCM be reprogrammed to accept the foglight input. My fuse box has the cavity for both the relay and fuse and the fuse is hot, but the relay position for the bcm signal to close the relay is always hot,(12v), but should only be hot when the bcm commands the foglights on. When I use my Tech 2 to control the fog light relay, which the scanner confirms is switching, I still read battery voltage. I did read the "how to " on using the GM switch and using three relays, but it looks likw the only way to shut them off would be to shut the lights off completely to interupt the power feed to the third relay,( hats off to the effort though, nice job on making it work). Lastly, is it possible to make an 06-07radio w/ 6 cd changer work in the 05, mine has a single cd and the 06 -07 seem dirt cheap on Ebay, I know the plugs are different but I'm not afraid of splicing new connectors in, Thanks for any and all comments- PJ

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
please space your separate thoughts out so it's easier to read. thanks.

first, traction control was never offered as an option. YOU are the traction control. learn to modulate your clutch and throttle to mitigate wheel spin. get good snow tires. this car is a tank in the snow with new snow tires. i only got a little bit stuck this year at the end of the this season on these snow tires. they are about 5/32" now. LSD can help in low traction situations, but it could also cause you to dig yourself two holes instead of just one.

on the foglights, i don't know. most people wire them separately. it's easier.

for the radio, your best bet is a good aftermarket radio head. the 06+ is physically bigger so the bezel is different. you also can't simply swap bezels. the plugs also don't line up, but you knew that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, and sorry for shot gunning my questions, but I was reading other threads and topics and just had some questions on my mind, so I threw it out there - PJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts