Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2005 Ion Redline. 145,000 miles on it.

So I know all about the ignition switch and we replaced and did the relearn to the car. That was about 2 years ago.

Just recently, car was running fine, but the engine light has been on due to the o2 sensor. Replaced it 3 times and still it keeps pulling a code on it.

Anyway, went to drive the car the other day and it wouldn't turn over, no cranking. Everything turns on, alarm works fine(if the pass lock system is having issues you can't use your alarm), but won't turn over. And there is no passlock symbol on the dash that comes up.

Checked fuses and noticed that one of the crank fuses was blown, so I replaced it. Still won't crank, no sounds at all.

Checked all of the other fuses, didn't see anything blown.

Switched relays around to see if made there was a bad relay. Nothing happened.

Made sure to listen for the fuel pump and it turns on.

Tried unplugging the battery and push starting it. Got it going, but as soon as you turn it off and try to turn it on again then it won't crank. Tried push starting it again and just as it started turning over the security pad lock showed up on the dash and killed the engine. (I think that is just the security system kicking in, because now it thinks it is being stolen).

So these are my questions:

If the starter were bad, would the car not turnover or crank at all?

Would the passlock/ignition switch still be the issue here even if the passlock symbol isn't showing up on the dash and only when we try to push start it?

Does the red line have a starter solenoid?

This is just really random. Nothing seems to be working.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
More than likely the starter, yes it has a soleniod built into the starter. Check for power at the starter while someone is turning the key

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So checked for power to the starter and there is....tried smacking the starter while having someone trying to turn it on and nothing. So dam it I think it might be the starter. I will check back in just to confirm. :)

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
If you have 12v coming in on the little guy at least you know that the solenoid is being told to pull in and make contact. Other than that as said the grounds by the abs module need to be clean as well as the other side of it. Good luck with the replacement, It's not all that much fun

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts