Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I figured I would finally make a thread to list off everything I've done and plan to do to help me keep track and incase anyone out there is interested. To sum the story up I bought my 2nd wrecker redline, and I am in the process of rebuilding it. When I got there I noticed the signs of being a competition package, after going to the dealer I found out it is for sure.I will edit this for missed info and add new parts along the way.

2007 black competition package. Gm stage 2 kit, vibrant cat back.

So far bought:
New battery
Used front clip off carparts.com (payed arm and leg) was off a "fake out redline" I call them, was cut on the pillar so got from the dash forward everything but motor. Fog lights were a big plus though.
K&n typhoon intake
Rear bumper
Quarter panel
Air bag set including module
Mirror
Tail light
Clear coat for paint
Lkq intercooler
Overflow infront of supercharger
Had new pass. Side frame rail and core support put on and painted to match engine bay.
Going to dealership 3\19 to get all sensors or clips ordered.

What I plan to order soon:
Hid kit(current set-up looks old and possibly broke)
Zzperformance stage 3 kit
Change fluids
Header\downpipe
Lowering springs
Paint the panels that need it
Front lip, buy a 2nd trunk and make it wingless with lip

That's about all I can think of for now. I am setting myself a goal to have it done in 2 months. I feel that's realistic and I'm not going to cut any corners to meet this goal though. Stage 3 might go on the back burner for awhile I'm just focused on getting it running and driving first. If anyone has any advice or questions etc feel free to ask or tell...........will post pics when I figure out how to on my phone, I know ima noob at that:weird:

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Good luck! Love to see cars brought back to life.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in brodhead, little bit south of madison, and I only have pics of when I bought it and then when I tore it apart. This reminds me ill have to take some more along the way and of the new core support. Anyways thought Id update it, I. Just took the redline to the dealership and going in tomorrow to order atleast $400 in new sensors, clips, etc. Then hopefully painting it this weekend or next.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
I'll be at the Wolf\Sub zero factory in WI the end of this month.

I am going for training on them.

Keith-

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know a couple people that actually work there lol. Anyways onto the redline, where to begin. Since my previous post I've bought a new truck and now live on my own, so progress has slowed down even more. I did get new sensors, dip stick\tube, both bumpers fixed and primer sealed, quarter panel fixed. This week I'm having a local mechanic come out and help me try to get it running. When I got the new frame rails and core support he took everything apart. I know we will run into some problems\parts I'm gonna have to order but hey its a project. Oh and I registered it 2 days ago finally. I'm gonna try posting pics but will probably be an epic fail

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Better late than never its finally done. Besides some minor stuff needing to be done. I finally got my shit together and busted ass working on it and got some friends and family to help with it this weekend. Started right up, took it down the road and didn't wana stop lol. Gonna paint the hood, find my missing splash shields and gas cap, possibly new tires and get it inspected. Hopefully next weekend or the following put some real miles on her.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Wow, glad to hear! Post some pics of the reborn redline

·
Registered
211 Posts
Is it possible to have a build thread without pictures?

So far this thread is as bad as Jay Cutler versus the packers...

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Lmao, it was a black 07 I belive comp package, hit hard in the front. He has been working on it on and off for the last 2 yrs. Like 19k actual miles when purchased here in MN and drug home back across the river.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea I know I need to get some pics up asap just need to get my camera and use a friends computer. But anyways I got the car completely done besides the hood being painted. Took it in for the inspection thurs. Morning at 4a.m and left a happy guy finally being able to drive her after a lil over a year. Passed everything with flying colors and "very luckly" he didn't say anything about tint or exhaust and I've got a copy of his papers saying everythings 100% legal and working so that'll help if my small town cops try getting me for it. My 2 buddys and I took pictures of our redlines yesterday ill try gettin them on here today

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Better late than never its finally done. Besides some minor stuff needing to be done. I finally got my shit together and busted ass working on it and got some friends and family to help with it this weekend. Started right up, took it down the road and didn't wana stop lol. Gonna paint the hood, find my missing splash shields and gas cap, possibly new tires and get it inspected. Hopefully next weekend or the following put some real miles on her.
Post some pics. Love to see what you've done
:D
WOT

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks lb for posting the pics, ill have to get some once hood is painted and cars buffed. I've put a couple hundred miles on it this weekend and is definately running a lot better with new gas going through. Took it out of town to the mall and a couple places and noticed the next day someone swiped the side of my bumper already :disgust: now just hopeing the snow waits awhile so I can keep driving it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts