Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is Kat, webmaster of RedLineION.com

I'm here to give you a little bit of insight to the Red Line ION registry, which was mentioned in another thread.

The idea of the registry is similar to that of the Corvette Black Book. (I actually have a copy of said book sitting on the table next to me, for ideas.)

The Corvette Black Book is the "bible" for Corvette enthusiasts. It has facts and details about every aspect of every Corvette made, from the start/end VIN numbers of each year, the designation of each digit of the VIN, available options, colors, and number sold.

For Red Line ION owners, since we KNOW this will be a limited run of cars, we'd like to take it one step further - finding out where each of these cars ended up, what people have done to them aftermarket, and several other things.

What I'm asking from you, the owners, is simple. I want your information. I want your pictures. I want to make YOU a part of the registry.

The registry currently is organized in MS Excel, and contains the following information:
Vehicle model year
FULL VIN number (will not be publicly released)
Last 6 digits of VIN (helps in sequencing)
Sequence number (found above the VIN on your window sticker)
Manfucature date (can be found through Saturn CAC, Saturn.com, or CarFax reports)
Purchase date
Vehicle's current City and State/Province
Dealership purchased from
Exterior color
Factory options (sunroof, AAS, etc)
Aftermarket upgrades (spoiler, intake, etc)
Owner's first and last name
Owner's e-mail address and usernames on both redlineforums.com and saturnfans.com (if applicable)

Please send me as much of this information as you can. If there are any parts of it that you do NOT want published (currently I am planning on NOT distributing full VIN or last names, but if we are ever to make this into a real published book, I would like to include this information), please let me know. I will have the only full copy of this archive for the time being. Versions missing the non-published information will soon be available at RedLineION.com.

The email address to send it to is [email protected]

If you would like more information on the registry, please visit RedLineION.com (under "Red Line ION owners" section) or email me at [email protected].

Also, all of you are invited to join the ROA (Red Line Owner's Assocation). More details will be coming soon about this organization for Red Line ION and Red Line VUE owners. Our first official meet will be this summer at Homecoming 2005.

I am constantly updating the website with new information concerning the ROA, Homecoming, and the registry, so please check it often!

If you would like me to feature pictures of your car, please send them to me, and I would love to showcase your ride! Include a few pictures, any aftermarket mods, and your location.

Thanks for your interest everyone.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
thanks kat i am gonna try to get u the information as soon as possible i think this is a great idea

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
navymitch12 said:
thanks kat i am gonna try to get u the information as soon as possible i think this is a great idea
Great! Thanks for the fast reply. :D I'll be awaiting your email.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump.

Just want to keep this up towards the top so it doesn't get lost in the abyss of old posts! :p

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Catshreds said:
Spazie, is that you? :)
Sure is! :D Wow, someone recognized me. Cool.

For all you people who are also on SaturnFans - I'm Spazie over there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still waiting for more people!! Since I posted this thread, only ONE person has emailed me their info. Tsk!

Send send send please!

BTW, I got to drive a chili pepper red 2005 RL ION today. And I had too much fun in it. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts