Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
being these are for the reg ion qc, i am trying to get a good idea of what to trim the bump stops to on the redline. i have 4 people witht he sprint wainting for install. but the instructions of course dont tell you, and i didnt figure they would tell you anything about the redline anyway. just curious. thanks

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I didnt at all.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really??? sprint is saying to cut the front ones in half and leave the back ones alone??? any info great thanks

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now im really not sure. i spoke to sprint yeterday and today and they said yes you have to?? also as did intrax, h&r, and b+g all said to cut them. so im not sure but i would say we are supposed to be cutting them. also in the new hci magazine they installed (yes i know they are not supposed to have put them on) the eibachs on the redline and they cut them as well. on alsmost every car you are supposed to cut them, just a different amount for each car. sprint says "just cut them in half" not sure if this is the best way but thats what they are telling me.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Just like everyone else just popped them right on........honestly I feel if you cut them in half you are going to make it a 3.6 inch drop :eek: that would be to low. Honestly just pop them right on and don't worry about it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i had it done at my service department and they didn't cut mine either, i have the B+G tho

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay did my own car before i do the customers ones. i found that over some heavy bumps the front bumpstops were hitting the bottom. i put some white grease from a grease pen on the bottom of the bumpstop the drove for a bit to see what i could see. i found that the bumpstop did hit the bottom and it must have a few times because the white grease pen was smeared on the bottom. i the pulled the fronts back off. pulled the bumpstops cleaned all the grease pen. cut as stated by bill at sprint a little under half the bumpstop off. covered the bottom again with the grease pen and tried it again. the ride was smoother and after pulling back in to check for markings i did not see any this time. i repeated with the backs. the same procedure. and only cut about 1/2-3/4 of an inch off the backs to prevent the pen marking from being shown at the bottom on the black plastic. i did find the ride to have improved also after trimmimg them. it didnt seem to "pogo" as much or feel as much of the bumps. feels great now. i really like the sprints on this car i was skeptical because of past sprint experience but they have come a long way and i was very suprised at how close to stock i was able to get the ride. now drive a few days and align.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.