Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 black onyx redline and I had the dealer put a remote starter on my redline and it works awesome specially now thats frezzing outside. Does anyone else has one? if you don't I definetely recomend it

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm surprised that the dealer did that for you, all of my friends' shops won't touch remote start on a manual since they each had people leave their cars in gear and they hit something/somebody when starting them and came back and blamed my friends. I always leave my car in gear when I park it so remote start isn't a good idea for me, just gotta go outside 10 minutes early and warm her up the old fashioned way.

·
Registered
134 Posts
any shop can put it on, it's up to the owner not to be a asshat and leave it in gear when they start it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
As Frankenstein's monster would say:" Auto remote start......GOOD!" :)
" Manual remote start...BAD!" :(

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
remote starter on redline

the remote starter cost $500 because the person that installed it had to make a special computer program so that nothing stupid like living the car in gear and then remote starting it or any other liability issue would arise because of the install. This is his own program designed for the redline. The way it works is like this: 1) as you park the car before shutting it off you set it in neutral and pull the handbrake then you clik the ** icon on the remote keyless entry provided then you wait till the dashboard light clicks twice and that will tell you that the car is staged and ready, then you step out of the vehicle and press the unlock button on the keyless entry and the car will shut down by itself (if you have windows down or a sunroof it will also closed them automatically). To start it all you do is click * on the keyless entry and voila the redline has started as you start the car the doors remained lock and just unlock em then you step in the car without pressing on the brake pedal put the key in the ignition pull the handbrake down and out you go!

The system installed in my car is a clifford and this is the procedure for this kind of system. I have had the system since September 04 and it works perfect and the way it protects you from ever remote starting the car in gear is by making you do the whole staging procedure everytime you park and this will not work if the car is in gear. It sounds like a lot to do for having a remote starter on your redline but after a while it becomes second nature like shutting the car off. Well worth it especially when its pretty cold outside.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
i had one on my 97 sc2, it was a beautiful thing, and it would do little beep songs with a combo of keys on the remote......and it would freak ppl out, it was fun!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
As an installer, I can tell you this, the alarm you have is a remotestart/turbotimer combo and by keeping the car running when you get out of it, and turning it off with the remote it prevents you from leaving it in gear. you're just using the turbo timer feature as a safety feature to make sure you dont leave it in gear on accident. I installed a viper alarm in my srt-4 that has the same thing. All you have to do is bypass the clutch switch and voila, remote start. just dont ever leave it in gear.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Yea...

Yea, you can get a remote start on any car, it's like the older GM's with the chip in the key. You just set-up the system to bypass those circuts in the car. My old Camaro (1990) had a small box under the carpet that controlled the passlock function, all you had to do was attach something after the box that provided a current, and the computer unlocked the starter and fuel pump for ya, same as a clutch switch. Just gotta be careful not to leave it in gear... I dunno about this custom computer program, I mean I'm a software engineer, and unless this guy just happened to write it one night when he was bored, that's ALOT of work for $500. I mean, the remote start and labor to install it into an automatic Eclipse for my girl was $350. There is NO WAY in hell that I would write a custom peice of software for $150, not that I've written software for a car or alarm system, but that cannot be a 2 hour job.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts