Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i want to "clean up" my car a bit ... i dislike badging, anyone have any ideas as to how we could shave door handles, or the fender badging? I'm guessing we would need an entire replacement door panel (not the nice plastic either) or fender,

as well ... are the rear badges going to leave holes if removed, or just glue?

front badge would just be get a new hood heh.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Moosehead115 said:
hey i want to "clean up" my car a bit ... i dislike badging, anyone have any ideas as to how we could shave door handles, or the fender badging? I'm guessing we would need an entire replacement door panel (not the nice plastic either) or fender,

as well ... are the rear badges going to leave holes if removed, or just glue?

front badge would just be get a new hood heh.
yes it would still be plstic you would have to use a epoxy type glue to fill the holes NO FIBRGLASS, expands and contract differently than the plastic will and most likely will crack its really not that hard to do

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so an epoxy type glue would be able to handle flexing, or be rigid enought hat it wouldnt flex but would still hold when all the material around it flexed?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
they sell special types of this stuff it is a epoxy based glue. look for a body supply store in your area ones that supply the body shops sell also to the public but at a little higher price. the sell stuff thats kind of like a seam sealer that would work great comes in a special gun to mix the two together. no reg store bought epoxy will not work well at all. i buy my stuff from finishmasters but i dont know if they have one in your area, talk to a few local shops to see if they will tell you where they buy from.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The rear badges are held on with emblem tape. To remove them just slide a piece of fishing line under the edge and cut through the stuff. No holes or marks are left behind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts