Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried removing the stock spoiler? how hard is it? can you buy them black plugs that go in the remaining holes left after its taken off?

·
Registered
351 Posts
it a pain in the ass... It took me 3 hours to take the old one off and 15mins to put the new one on.... The low ones are stuck on with double sided tape. They are stuck very well.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JD i was looking for someone that removed the spoiler completely without a replacement. just curious on how that would look plus it has to save about 30 lbs maybe.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Im trading the whole trunk with a girl near me. She has no spoiler or wing. I have the low one. Soon its gonna be nude.

·
Registered
556 Posts
BlackLine said:
JD i was looking for someone that removed the spoiler completely without a replacement. just curious on how that would look plus it has to save about 30 lbs maybe.
I have my stock spoiler in the closet. I'd be surprised if it weighed 15 pounds.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I'd be afraid it would look too much like a regular ion...

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I took the 4 allen bolts out of the inside of the trunk but the washers seemed to be caulked on so i didn't bother to pull them off (didn't want water in the trunk).

Do they have something that would fill the holes??

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
GaRsNoW said:
MrCleanY0 are you going to be selling your spoiler?????
if they sell something that can plug up those holes. I don't want to get water in the trunk but I don't wanna fill it with bondo and paint over it either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts