Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace the head unit of the factory stereo. The car has the Advanced Audio system in it, with the amp under the rear deck lid.

Anyone have any info on swapping the 6-disc changer out for an aftermarket unit? What will I be needing in terms of harness adapters, mount adapters and fillers, etc? Any brands better than any others in those areas?

Thanks!

Dave

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
dash kit and wiring harness the rest is a cake walk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zfactor said:
dash kit and wiring harness the rest is a cake walk
Excellent news! Anyone have any recommedations on best looking, best fitting dash kits? Best Buy looks to carry Metra harnesses and Walmart has Scoche. Should I prefer one over the other?

Thanks guys!

Dave

·
DSLSJA Godfather
12,303 Posts
Just be sure to get the correct wiring harness. In my '04 I could not find a wiring harness for it w/ the advanced audio package. (i have finished pics in the gallery). The shop I use used the factory harness then peeled back a little of each wire (after pinging which is which) to more or less hard wire it in. They did not cut out the harness though so it is fully functional if ever needed. I couldn't find a mounting kit that worked either becuase on the '04's we have the rounded bezel. I believe the '05's & '06's are a square bezel. Also, for my powered sub box, I wired it in to the advanced audio amp in the trunk. For some reason when I hooked it up to the reciever (which was designed to take an amp direct) it barely pushed anything. When I wired the amp'd sub to come off of the stock amp it hits pretty hard.

Overall, a pretty easy install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts