Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else think this is ridiculous? even more so for the redline. i was on the fence about getting one, but i want my tach right in front of me, not off to the side. i know i can get a monster tach, but screw it.

it's funny how saturn says they did it to allow easy viewability or some crap like that. the real reason is to make it cheaper to build left and right hand cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I do like the cnter mounted gauges. I hate the center mounted Tach. Oh and yes you can go to a aftermarket tach, most racers do anyway.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i dunno... i guess i'd need to sit in one first. i think off to the side is just as out of the way to look as down at the steering wheel. and if it's angled towards the driver.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i know it's off-thread. but did anyone notice that people were posting like a few times a day and now it's a few days in between posts?

·
Registered
63 Posts
until there is new info, there's nothing to post about... it's not like this is a social club....

besides the stage two upgrade for the srt-4 is due out any day now...

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Actually, it's not that bad. It does take time to get used to.

Also, as far as I know IONs are not being shipped overseas, so making it cheaper to build left and right hand cars is no reason.

·
Registered
4 Posts
it is pointing towards the driver. The few times I've driven my sisters quad coupe was a little weird but not too bad, bet it wouldn't take but a week to have that be normal.

Bill

·
Registered
17 Posts
If the tach is going to be that bad and you don't want to get a huge tach then just get a shift light and call it a day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ive driven cars with center mounted guages and I personally dont like them. Although I dont see what the need is for a tach, I never use mine and I have yet to bounce of the rev limiter.

·
Registered
694 Posts
resurrection whores

·
Registered
13,594 Posts
Tennpenn83 said:
holy shit

reviving a thread that was 4 years 5 months old...

gotta be a new record
ur face is a new record for how ugly it is

1 - 20 of 20 Posts