Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure if this has been posted, i was just looking for some rims and i came across a few that aren't to bad looking.. Just thought i would share..

Rims

·
Registered
810 Posts
i like how they show them on every car. But stock imo kills every single one of those wheels by far. i love my stock rims, problem is that their stock :rolleyes:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Those wheels will easily weigh near TWICE what out stock wheels weigh - lightweight forged (stock) versus heavy cast aluminum with steel accents (cheap, cheesy aftermarket..)....

·
Registered
1 Posts
How much do the stocker wheels weight?

Let me put this into perspective when you guys are shoping for wheels. If the stock wheels weight 15 pounds each (which is really light, Im just using that as an example) and you buy some aftermarket wheels which are 20 pounds each, then in theroy you are only gainging 20 poudns total on your car. (4 wheelx times 5 poudns mroe each = 20 more pounds) HOWEVER this is not the case. I forget the forumla but for every pound you add to the wheels it will be the ame as adding 15 pounds to the body. So in reailty you are adding 75 pounds to the cars with those heavier wheels.

Just something to think about. My 1986 Buick Regal T-type was faster than the Grandnationls because the wheels were alluminum while a GN's were heavy-ass steel.

·
Registered
252 Posts
what ever the wheels are, you better double check the bolt pattern for ion redline...

Motegi - doens't make it in our bolt pattern...

and the buywheelstoday.com lists the cobalt ss as 5X100/5-114.3

·
Registered
681 Posts
Unsprung weight, rotational mass - if you gain 5-10 (or more) lbs per wheel, you'll FEEL a drop in braking and acceleration performance - I guarantee it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts