Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was recently in an accident. It was a hit and run and I wasn’t able to get a plate and I’m not sure my insurance will give me much of anything. I’m trying to replace all of the parts that were damaged in my ion with parts from the junkyard and parts I’ve gotten online. I am in need of the part that attaches to the headlight housing that the fender clips onto because a few bits snapped in the accident and the fender is cracked and a bit loose. I was at the junkyard today trying to get that part but there is a metal rivet of some sort that holds it on that I’m not sure how to remove. Any advice would be appreciated and my apologies for being completely ignorant when it comes to cars. I’m trying to learn from this process.
Below are pictures of the rivet on the car at the scrapyard and the part I need.

Attachments

· Registered
65 Posts
The metal in that rivet is soft enough to be cut with a pair of side cutters and pulled back through the hole... there is another one down by where the fender reinforcement meets the bumper cover... just had to do this on my base model due to a deer hit...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.