Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with a guy from RK Sports and they are currently in fabrication of making headers for the Cobalt SS and RL. They are taking preorders to gauge what kind of demand there is for this product. So in other words the more preorders they get the faster they will get on it and the higher it will be on their priority list. So call them up or email them. rksport.com

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I'm not seeing Saturn listed.... I contacted them already, and they told me that they wouldn't be making anything for the Redline, and anything that works for both the Cobalt and Redline are coincidece. I know the intake, for example, is different, but dunno about the header... I would think it's the same...

·
Registered
629 Posts
if its ova 350. without dyno i dont want it ...

we need some dynos of this stuff ?

i dont want somthing that looks good and does nothing...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
find out how much and what they plan on making (outlet, etc.)

also, anyone know if this will work on the RL? i'm not sure, but it's listed as 2.2 for cobalt, and i don't have a clue if we've got the same setup for suspension.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yeah, header would have to have a proven dyno to show off.

Vita I think that it will not fit, as there is one made for the Ion QC, that will not fit the RedLine.

Damn us and our exclusivity...

·
Registered
681 Posts
What?????????????

"i dont want somthing that looks good and does nothing..."

2" drop (PROGESS)
painted calipers (red)
18"focal rims
carbon fiber exhust
custom intake system 3"
ENGINE DAMPNER (RED)
sony deck (BooM)
AUDIOBAHN 800 WATT
visonik subs10s
20% tint
the wing
redline racing peaddless
boost gauge and shiftlight (still in works)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sorry, had to point out that largely contradictory statement....kinda like when Sport Compact Car lists "neon undercar lighting" and "lighted washer nozzles" as performance modifications.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
the cobalt and the redline are different widths and evrything i have some #'s itll be in the next post

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
cobalt redline

length 180.5 185.0

width 67.9 67.9

whlbase 103.3 103.5

height 55.5 55.8

gndclr 5.4 n/a

crbweight 2991 2590

all in inches and lbs

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
i dunno but that brace might be very close i thought the #'s were a little bit farther off like an 1in more or so but i was wrong.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
All the dimensions that matter are the same, all others are primarily a factor of the body panels and bumper styles. And one of those curb weights is way off, lol.

I've never been terribly impressed with RK Sports stuff in the past, I guess we'll see....

Too bad they're asking for preorders and deposits. Real companies don't do business that way. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Kirtsky said:
Yeah, header would have to have a proven dyno to show off.

Vita I think that it will not fit, as there is one made for the Ion QC, that will not fit the RedLine.

Damn us and our exclusivity...

QC has a different engine my man. ;)

Also, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway. Does the Cobalt SS have the same exhaust route as us?

Later,
Chrome...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Too bad they're asking for preorders and deposits. Real companies don't do business that way.
When I spoke to Jeff? at RKSports today, the preorders aren't a mandatory type thing. It's just like going to the mall and putting down $5 on GTA or Halo2, I'm sure many of you did this. I was told in exact words

"[The Cobalt exhaust] is a month or two out. Right now it's a pre-order item, but you are not billed until it is shipped. The pre-orders allow us to judge the demand, the higher the demand, the more it's worked on."

Now, why I was asking about the Cobalt cat-back. On Magnaflow's site, the Cobalt SS and Redline have identical part numbers for the catback. I took this as a sign that they maybe the same, unfortunately RK didn't know for sure and I don't have an SS readily available to look at (not even at a dealership).

Later,
Chrome...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
lol - I'm over it man, just messin'. :shrug:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'll answer about the swaybars. No, they won't work. The RL and SS rollbars are thicker and have different bends in them. The only swaybar I've found, so far, will be made by Progress--a 22mm rear bar.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
BigBrother said:
Too bad they're asking for preorders and deposits. Real companies don't do business that way. :rolleyes:
That's why no one is handing out cash! ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts