Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if those who have bought a RL what did you pay for it, how much did you put down, or trade in and what your credit score was? What did you end up with as far as payments? I know it might be a little bit personal but I was wondering if it is affordable for me to get one. I make $660 a week which is $2640 a month and have a credit score of only 520 I think so it's poor.How weird the RL commercial just came on. Well any help would help thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Your biggest thing is your going to need a hefty down payment. With that credit score your gonna get hammered with a high intrest rate as well. Is your income gross or net. If its gross you should be able to get into one with about 2000 or so down. If its net then perhaps less. Your going to have a little trouble at the dealership though. If I were you go to a bank and get a loan from them first then you have the power at the dealer. You get to walk in and say that car this price. Thats all the advice I can give you right now. As for the 04's had some crazy rebates. If your looking at a 05 theres only a 1000 in incentives right now.

·
Registered
196 Posts
My credit is nearly as poor as yours. I thought they would laugh me right out of the dealership. But my sales guy told me he could get just about anyone financed with enough money down. You can basically "buy" a better interest rate with a bigger down payment. Best I could do was 9% on the interest. Wouldn't get any lower for me.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Main thing is......

If you don't like the deal they are offering you, just walk away.

That's what I did. When I bought mine back in Oct. they were offering 0% OR $3750 back. I said I wanted both. They told me they couldn't do that and it was either/or.... so I wrote down my phone number for the sales guy and walked out saying, "Call me when you are ready to sell that car."

Two days later guess who calls?

They couldn't give me the full 3750 back but I did get $2K back AND the 0%.

The ball is pretty much gonna be in your court most the time in this transaction. The RL's aren't selling really well and dealers are willing to bend a bit more to get you to drive one off the lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts