Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of hardware is used to secure the after market grill? Could someone here point me in the right direction, provide a pic or a website that has this hardware available. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Juicer69 said:
What kind of hardware is used to secure the after market grill? Could someone here point me in the right direction, provide a pic or a website that has this hardware available. Thank you.
The grill I have is from Customcargrills.com. It came with some kind of clips that self thread onto the posts that are around the center opening. I had a hard time getting them to thread so I managed to thread some regular bolts onto the plastic posts. I was a little concerned at first but it has not moved at all and its been on the car for 4 months.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Type 316 Stainless Steel Woven Wire Cloth 4 X 4 Mesh, .047" Wire Diameter, 12" X 24" Sheet, It looks really sharp, so epoxy wouldn't work.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I had trouble with the clips for my grill also.I went to auto zone and bought some better clips and it was well worth the $5 that I paid.

·
Registered
196 Posts
My Dad had a tool at work he used to put threads on the plastic posts. Then I got some black 5/16" - 18 hex flanged nuts from AutoZone. They went right on and hold tight, too.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Signals said:
My Dad had a tool at work he used to put threads on the plastic posts. Then I got some black 5/16" - 18 hex flanged nuts from AutoZone. They went right on and hold tight, too.

It's called a die. I have a tap and die set too. I'm gonna do this if I EVER get around to buying a freakin' grill.

I need one bad. Starting to get dings in the AC condensor (I think that's what it is?)

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
i used the same squirrly nut deals that are holding on the badges.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
JPK said:
You mean regular nuts, right?
My fault, that what I get for typing fast. Yes, I just threaded some nuts on the plastic posts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts