Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off.. What is the size of the stock Supercharger pulley?

As for the smaller pulley's. If it's a regular press fit pulley like all Eaton superchargers use. You can use the Pulley's designed for the M90 Supercharger. The shaft is the same size.. The only problem is if the snout is able to accept smaller pulley's.

From what i've read.. The ECU is already dumping boost because it's designed to at a certian point. Without a cracked ECU.. The smaller pulley will only add Low-Mid Range Torque.

If i go ahead and purchase a used 04 Redline. I'll have a writeup about how to install a smaller pulley in a week's time.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i've thought about that, and increasing pulley size will only possibly raise intake temps by 20 degrees, give or take some accoding to eaton's website

but putting a smaller pulley on means finding out the pulley ratio, and as has been posted before, if you search for info on pulley swaps the redline is very close to the max rpms for the m62 at redline, i believe with a pulley ratio of 1.85:1, making the s/c spin at 12025rpms at 6500rpms, so you could up it a bit, increasing heat up top and lower end boost, but if you push it too far and go with a much smaller pulley, you WILL fry the blower if you're not carefull

just a heads up

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
my question is at what rpms does it begin dropping boost or better yet with the stock pulley where will it reach the 12psi. If its controled to come on later why get a smaller pulley. id like mostly to get a slightly better low end but thats only coming from the computer I think. Any insight?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
goofyguy said:
my question is at what rpms does it begin dropping boost or better yet with the stock pulley where will it reach the 12psi. If its controled to come on later why get a smaller pulley. id like mostly to get a slightly better low end but thats only coming from the computer I think. Any insight?
wait for the reprogrammed computer...

hopefully someone near them can get their hands on some headers, the aem intake, and a good exhaust, so maybe they will tune it with those mods too! i'd be all over that

·
Registered
43 Posts
By what means does the PCM control boost? If it's like on the GTP it's easily closed off.... and if it's like any of the Eaton powered vehicles all it takes is to plug up some vacuum lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts