Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the RL towed today. I came back from a week in the field (military for camping with weapons and stuff) and started up my car and it was skipping bad. Started to smoke white with a tint of blue, and black. Called the local dealer and asked about a rental, had it all taken care of by the time i got there.
The tow company didn't exactly know what they were doing, scratched the tailpipe on the way up and left it in gear when it was about a foot from being down. The guy didn't want to give me a copy of the ticket so i asked the service manager to make a photo-copy, which he did. That got the driver a little worried about his future as a tow truck operator.
Well when i went to pick up the rental they had run out of the full size cars so i had to get an SUV. Saturn only covered $35 a day, so i ended up paying $11.30 extra a day for a fully loaded explorer with leather (feels good on the buttcheeks).
The dealer said they would call me on monday when they figure out what was wrong with the car. I asked one of the techs before i left and he said something along the lines that it may be the MAF sensor. My belief is that the CPS wasn't put in correctly. Has anyone else had a problem like this?
Anyway i am very satisfied with the service that i got from Saturn and the Roadside Assistance.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I hope it was towed on a flat bed that is what the manual tells you to do.The RL sits too low to be towed by a tow truck alone.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
when they towed mine that one time it was on a flat bed, and i think that is what he is talking about.

you best be still bring the RL down here so we can play buddy or i will be dissapointed..... hahaha must race other RL, on the track

·
I
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be bringing it, hopefully they have it fixed soon. I just don't want to deal with Saturn of Augusta.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
The time mine got towed it was lowered all ready. The guy scratched his head a minute and I have dual exhaust. He got it up there flawlessly. I couldnt belive it.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
yea i would not either, they are jerks hahaha maybe you can go there and slap them straight

·
Registered
272 Posts
ive had mine towed twice...sadly :( ...both times ive had to deal with saturn of cerritos...until i purchased my redline i was very pleased with their service...now i think their stingy bastards...i would highly recommend NOT going their for service...

·
Registered
384 Posts
The dealer gave me a rental and I told the guy I may drive to see a customer. He mentioned a 150mile limit. When I got back He tried to charge me mileage. I said fine--
give me the bill and I will get saturn to give me my money back. He declined to
bill me. Coward..

·
I
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I just got my car back, the MAF was wired wrong and the plugs were full of carbon and soaked in fuel. They rewired the MAF and replaced the plugs. I have the service order at home for a more detailed explanation.

·
Registered
943 Posts
That sounds like what is wrong with mine. Taking it in tomorrow for the ecu, seal recall and the missing and sputtering I had yesterday. Hope that is all it is.

Did yours have the ECU done also?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Welldamn!!

I just went out to leave work and when I started it, it felt as though one cylinder was hitting. I t bareley ran, but no check engine light.

I turned it off, took the key out and it gave me about five seconds of still running on one cylider. I guess dieseling.

Local Saturn had me call the roadside service. They said about an hour and a half wait. This sucks. Hope it all gets worked out. They have a loaner for me already and waiting, but I will probably get there after service closes, so won't get to know what is wrong until tomorrow.

·
I
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like what was wrong with mine. I got in the car again this morning and the same thing was happening again, the car is going back to Saturn and if it happens again I will be extremely pissed off. Wonder if they can do anything about this. I do not blame anything on the dealer, they have been awesome. But this car is getting on my last nerve.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts