Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only two redlines entered into the Las Vegas Region SCCA Solo II have prevailed.

Kudos realy belong to Bigbrother for placing fiirst in the deepest field of the season, G Stock. He bested a number of minis on his way to the top. Not to mention his consistant appearance in the top ten pax scores.

Street Mod Front was locked up thanks to my superior driving, and lack of competition. But I will take the "W" any way I can.

:rocker:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Congrats on that...good to hear!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I wasn't able to attend events last season, and put a vengeance on G-stock at grissom, buried the class by 5 seconds......while on star specs....lol

idk if I'll be back on specs or some r comps this next year, but it ought to be fun

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
good job guys. I unfortunately was not able to muster up the 1.5-2.0 seconds needed to catch the Stripped Integra TypeR with V710s, and the 2 mini s'es on A6/V710s in my class, but I'm content with 4th place considering I was on nearly finished Falken Azenis'...
Next year I should be more competitive as I will remain in the same class with 225/40 A6's. . .

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
good job guys. I unfortunately was not able to muster up the 1.5-2.0 seconds needed to catch the Stripped Integra TypeR with V710s, and the 2 mini s'es on A6/V710s in my class, but I'm content with 4th place considering I was on nearly finished Falken Azenis'...
Next year I should be more competitive as I will remain in the same class with 225/40 A6's. . .
You, the RL +A6 = 2 seconds ez good luck...did i say hardcore?:rofl:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
yeah i know i know I'm pushing it thinking that. . but i don't think there is any question i won't be at least a bit more competitive...way to burst my bubble john!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
ya gotta get the better rear bar:
Here is why (poached from a 4x4 site)

properties of steel: it is "elastic" in nature - which is a fancy way of saying: up to a point, we can bend it by applying a load, then if we remove the load it will "spring" back to exactly the same shape and size it was originally. We call this elastic deformation.
Of course, we can apply a stress that exceeds the elastic limit of the steel, and if we do, the steel changes from elastic in nature (able to spring back) to plastic in nature - meaning the stress applied, once it passes the elastic limit, will result in a permanent change in shape of the metal. This we call plastic deformation.

Summary mild steel= plastic. treated steel or chromalloy = elastic in this application.
progress? x. Hardcore? +

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
It's on the list John...$5000 to go to Europe for 3 weeks, tires and a new exhaust will make for a very expensive spring for me..haha

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
It's on the list John...$5000 to go to Europe for 3 weeks, tires and a new exhaust will make for a very expensive spring for me..haha
Hmmm. Asks for list. *shrugs* Periodic what are you doing? *crosses europe off list* Now you can make your car real fast....u haz monies:signed:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I waxed a cooper S on r comps with star specs the last scca event I went to.......in all fairness though, I'm heavily abusive to my car when racing....alredline, tibbett, and ziggy have witnessed the insanity, and I only had 2 months behind the wheel of it at that point

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Hmmm. Asks for list. *shrugs* Periodic what are you doing? *crosses europe off list* Now you can make your car real fast....u haz monies:signed:

haha you make a good point, but I have wanted to take in Europe for a long time now, and finally have the funds to do it. We'll see how things fair out, in 2 months I've already saved 2500 to put towards the trip, so who knows what I'll be able to pull off between now and then...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Now I'm really jonsing for the season to start up here in Cincy. This might be the year I venture away from the Cincy Dayton area and try Cbus, Indiana or N Kentucky.

·
The Professor
3,821 Posts
when you find something, let me know. i am in washington court house, about an hour from cincy and about 35 min away from cbus, and 45 min from dayton. i am dying to get into auto-x this year

·
Registered
167 Posts
Cincinnati Points event #1 April 18 Miami U Oxford
WOR (Dayton) Test n Tune April 25 at Kil-Kare
Cbus doesn't have any scheduled yet this season.

In July Cincy is headed to Mid-Ohio for a PDX too.

·
The Professor
3,821 Posts
i would like to do the mid-ohio road course, that's my dream right there. the 1/4 is fun and all, and i will go there sometime this year, but auto-x is my goal right now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts