Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, in the search to find an alternative to the RL as a daily driver, i have come across the fact that they are not selling well AT ALL in wisconsin. a dealer i had provide me with trade in value called all the local dealers, and the dealers were telling them they don't even try and keep them on the lots because it's not worth it for them because they don't sell.

i bet the cobalt won't have this problem. i personally am glad (aside from the fact of low resale value right now) because the woman has finally agreed that keeping the RL is the best way to go. not to mention that i'll have an inherently rare car because of this.

so boo to poor resale, and hooray to rarity.

is anyone able to find out the sales numbers to date on ALL redlines produced? it'd be interesting to know how many sold and how many were made including '05s, as i've seen the data for the '04s, which was something in the area of 2500+ sold.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A dealer here still has like 5 2004's on their lot.... They could have gotten ride of one but would not budge on the price.....thier loss... I know the sales person personally too and keep taking little jabs at her....saying..."Still have those 04's on the lot?" Her reply..."Yea...Shut up" I just like having fun with her...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tstmonkey said:
A dealer here still has like 5 2004's on their lot.... They could have gotten ride of one but would not budge on the price.....thier loss... I know the sales person personally too and keep taking little jabs at her....saying..."Still have those 04's on the lot?" Her reply..."Yea...Shut up" I just like having fun with her...
do a google search for "rebates and incentives forum" and an edmunds.com forum will come up. you can ask them there what GM paid them for the leftover '04s on the lot so you can work out a better deal. trust me, they DID receive something for them, plus they may also receive extra if they've been on the lot for a certain amount of time, which an '04 would have. explain the scenario to them, and they'll let you know what you should expect to pay for one, i'm betting around 15 or so, maybe closer to 16

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Ahh well I guess the Redline is meant to be kept I guess. Better news is that in 20 years it may be as a hard to find as wanted as a 57 Bel Air

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ha, it 20 years it'll be my kids superfast car to use at the track (i'll end up with something else by then).

now since i'm keeping it, time to work out what i'm doing for mods once the warranty is up. i'm doing nothing other than intake and exhaust before then, since the dealer has been really cool about my "missing" airbox

·
Registered
64 Posts
Vita said:
15 or so, maybe closer to 16
Got mine the end of December '04 for 15,900...so i'd ask for cheaper if they STILL have '04s on the lot.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you have to remember that dealer payouts are likely less than end of year rebates that are used to boost their quarterly sales figures

·
Registered
150 Posts
Not selling well huh? Hmmmmmmm, an IRL as my DD may be in reach after all. Mwuhahahahaha!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Tbone said:
Got mine the end of December '04 for 15,900...so i'd ask for cheaper if they STILL have '04s on the lot.

That sucks man cause I bought mine in august of 04 and I paid 24530.00.
I guess I should have waited a little longer. Not to mention the $3000 that they had 2 weeks after I bought my car.

·
Registered
595 Posts
That sucks..if they quit making them i wont be able to buy a brand new one in 2008. Oh well ill have to find a low mileage used one i guess and pay less. Gotta get one for my daily driver!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
The dealer I picked mine up from still has a couple '04's on the lot as well. I think they only have like 2 or so 05's and they are pretty much sitting in the same spot they have been since I bought my RL back in December.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
i paid 17,400

it has side air bags
power moon roof
6 disk

·
Registered
43 Posts
They were still asking sticker price for them.... wanted 372 a month at 5.5%... I was looking for under 300 bucks and they would have had a deal... If they would have gone with the 15K or 16K for it...They would have had a sale....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Vita don't get rid of the RL I have seen some other post in where you where asking about other cars and the RL is a great daily driver I mean is no caddy when it comes to comfort but it has a pretty good balance between performance and comfort and for a very reasonable cost. The only reason I see to get rid of it if it is your only family car and your wife doesn't drive a stickshift and does not want to learn like my wife then you do need another car but other than that its perfect. Plus, it has those extra rear suicide doors to put the kids in. Also like you said resale value is probably very low and its a rare car.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
goofyguy said:
Ahh well I guess the Redline is meant to be kept I guess. Better news is that in 20 years it may be as a hard to find as wanted as a 57 Bel Air

LOL!!! I highly doubt that will happen.

It will probably be more like the Plymouth Laser DSM. Not worth much, but still cool to say you are one of the few who actually has one. :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
jparf said:
but its saturn. no haggle pricing period.
Not true. I lowered the price on the last two Saturns I've bought--including the RL. You just have to talk with the right people at the dealer. :D

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
CSCC 148 said:
Not true. I lowered the price on the last two Saturns I've bought--including the RL. You just have to talk with the right people at the dealer. :D
Hmmm, Imagine that, Red Line IONs are not selling well. Do you think, just maybe it might be the fact that nearly the entire population of free America DOESN'T KNOW THAT THEY EXIST???? :eek:

·
Registered
49 Posts
CSCC 148 said:
please share with who i have to speak with...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
Hmmm, Imagine that, Red Line IONs are not selling well. Do you think, just maybe it might be the fact that nearly the entire population of free America DOESN'T KNOW THAT THEY EXIST???? :eek:

I think you got it exactly. Except for the every once in awhile in a car mag, there is little to no plug for the RL. Who expects this from Saturn anyway? the Cobalt SS will be a completley different story I think. The Cobalt is going to be for those who were wanting the v8 beating performance of the SRT4, but dont like the bugeyed neon look. Saturn COULD have taken that market if they went for the marketing...but since that branch of GM is not thier bread and butter, why out market your main division. I honestly think the Redline will be cut from production before too long.

..just my thoughts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts