Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im driving down the road this morning when I see this yuppy in a blue RX8. I didnt really think anything of it until we ended up next to each other at a light. I look over and this **** is looking over at me like hes going to go for it. I gave him a nod and this butt pirate laughed at me like I was a waste of his time. So the light turns green and I got a good launch. He decided that a launch wasnt nessacary and that got him about 1/2 a car back. He gained a couple inches back through second but I stayed about 1/4 a car though third untill we dropped out t about 85. $28,000 RX8 getting beat by a $18,500 Saturn. How emberassing. For that much money Id be rolling a 350Z or EVO.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice kill. I had some **** laugh at me one time from their Honda S2000 like I wasn't worth their time. Lets just say they weren't laughing for long. As for the RX-8, slow and overpriced. As soon as the RX-8 trolls come on they will whine about how it wasn't built for straight line speed. They will talk about 50/50 weight distribution, superb handling, and refined interior, blah, blah, blah. Fact is they could have bought an EVO for that much which is just as good at auto X and much faster in flat out speed. cough, cough, ripoff, cough.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
PocketViper said:
Nice kill. I had some **** laugh at me one time from their Honda S2000 like I wasn't worth their time. Lets just say they weren't laughing for long. As for the RX-8, slow and overpriced. As soon as the RX-8 trolls come on they will whine about how it wasn't built for straight line speed. They will talk about 50/50 weight distribution, superb handling, and refined interior, blah, blah, blah. Fact is they could have bought an EVO for that much which is just as good at auto X and much faster in flat out speed. cough, cough, ripoff, cough.
But, what if they like the looks better of their car? I gotta say, the rear doors are a cool idea. Someone at GM should have thought of that too :rolleyes:

·
Registered
888 Posts
The rx-8 is not performance machine but its got a beautiful interior, not everyone is overly concerned about how fast their car is.

·
Registered
56 Posts
elohdaeh78 said:
The rx-8 is not performance machine but its got a beautiful interior, not everyone is overly concerned about how fast their car is.
Sounds to me like this ricer wanted to race in this situation...

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think the Rx-8's look pretty sweet. And they have the quad-doors. I was looking into getting one but then saw the price. I couldn't afford it. And the base model is only 197hp at $26,000 for an auto. If you want the 6 speed cough up another $1500 (but it is 238hp) But still...there are better cars out there for that money

·
Registered
156 Posts
unknownsuperhero said:
They need to bring back the stock turbo rotary. What a beast that thing was.
oh do I agree. I also love the look of an RX8 but I looked at one with my dad, while he was going thru his mid-life crisis and saw it had a 1.3 liter engine. I test drove it and granted the 6 speed was nice but didnt have the pep my RL did. With a better engine I bet the sticker price would jump an extra 8K to 10K.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Yea, I just wanna start by saying I like your cars...

But I raced this tupperware peice of shit yesterday, and then I ran into 8 more Redline's after that, and I put like 4 buses on each of em.

·
Registered
221 Posts
elohdaeh78 said:
I am always make sure to yell out "but you have a nicer interior" as I blow by rx8's and rsx-s'. :cool:

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
BLUBYYOU said:
I am always make sure to yell out "but you have a nicer interior" as I blow by rx8's and rsx-s'. :cool:
I like to point out their better resale value when they reach me at the next light, and look like they're about to cry....

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
I almost bought a used 79? RX-7 , when I test drove it I thought that it was the shit. But the salesman thought I was a dumbshit kid and tried to screw me on the deal, it made me so mad I told me to go **** himself.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I test drove an RX-8 a few months ago. BEst handling car I have ever driven. I bet they rule the slalom. But I was not impressed with the power. And there is none of it until like 7.5k rpms. HOw the heck do you launch? Yes, very nice interior, but too much money for me. I'll keep my redline.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts