Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is a drag strip about 15 min north of me called rock falls. IM not sure if anyone has heard of it. They have sport compact drags the once or twice a month. I was thinking about giving it a try. I emailed them to get results on the last race to see what id be up against. I cant see there being much competition being there seeing as its pretty much in the middle of nowhere as far as ive heard.

·
Registered
674 Posts
shanek said:
there is a drag strip about 15 min north of me called rock falls. IM not sure if anyone has heard of it. They have sport compact drags the once or twice a month. I was thinking about giving it a try. I emailed them to get results on the last race to see what id be up against. I cant see there being much competition being there seeing as its pretty much in the middle of nowhere as far as ive heard.
I'm assuming you are refering to Rock Falls Raceway in Wisconsin.

The Rock is an o.k. track. They do not prep the track with traction compound at all for the import day races so don't expect good time's, just a slipery track. They are very strict on the rules and follow the NHRA rule book very closely. Make sure to bring a helmet and were jeans with either a jacket or a long sleve shirt or they will not let you run. They are going to quiz the hell out of you as to why the battery is in the trunk, make sure to re-itterate that it is in the stock location and comes that way from the factory. They tech the hell out of everyone there, stock street car or low 9 second tube chassi car, they go over 'em all.

Heres a link to their scedule;
http://www.rockfallsraceway.com/schedule.shtml

I personally would not go on the import day, there is to many people there and too many people on the track that should not be there. Best day to go for good times would be on a test and tune day. Pay the extra bucks and get better times with a well preped track.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts