Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rotora slotted rotors. Here is the link..

Rotora slotted rotors

I looked on Rotora website and there is no info on them. Maybe someone can give them a call?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
You guys look at the Stillen ones as well? Great brake company there... cross drilled and slotted...

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
just so you know, those retora's are actually oem ones, slotted by a machine shop.

centric parts
stop it performance breaks all use them.

i had them on my 02 cav, and they are pretty good, but arent zinc coated like the more expensive ones.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OEM and slotted by a machine shop? screw that. I hate the OEM rotors they are pieces of shit. Are you sure they are OEM?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Yea, you can assume that the Stillen ones are better anyway, those guys produce some great stuff. The Stillen ones are cross-drilled and slotted. Not sure if you can turn them or not, I know normal slotted rotors you cannot turn. Cross-drilled ones you can. I would assume that with both, you won't be able to turn them. So if they get warped or something, you'll need whole new rotors. Stillen makes good stufff though, hopefully its better than the Power Slot ones that I had, warped in like 8 months or so...

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had 3000gt brakes and brembo cross drilled rotors on my old DSM. I loved them for the 4 months I had them on before I blew the motor. Longevity I wouldnt be able to tell you only 4 months on them..

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
you all know stillen doesnt make thier own stuff right??? i was a dealer for them for a long time. some of the stuff is good and most is way overpriced and not worth the money. im checking to see if my buddy can get me cross drilled brembo replacements. sorry not to dis stillen but i work on nissans all the time and have used a lot of thier stuff. after buying most of it i realized all the pieces that came in the kit i could have bought and did myself. buy hey you know.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I'm mainly talking about their rotors...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
look more into it they dont make the rotors, not to burst your bubbles but i know this. they accidentally shipped them to me in the real boxes once with the manufacture name and address on it. so no they dont make them and they just buy them and rebrand them

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Well, can't say anything about that, in my experience though, their rotors have been of good quality. Sure better than the Power Slot rotors that I had, I've always been told that Brembo is higher quality, and I don't doubt that. I gotta think that the Stillens will be better than stock. If you can get us Brembo rotors, there's not arguement from me about which to buy, but until then I might have to go with these. My pads have shaved a nice lip into my stockers already, or are you suggesting not to go with them at all?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
no they are decent, and i agree on the powerslots they are junk. i have a call into a friend over at brembo usa. woln't know more until mon or tues. they will probably around stillens price which is already high if you ask me but i will let you all know. hey i got aem working on the ems, obx working on header and exhuast, rc looking at fuel injectors, and a company making a turbo kit for it. so i got some pull here. ill see what can be done. im sure they will do it, they have before when we requested them for other cars. doesnt take much to make rotors. and yes brembo's are much better than stillens. just so you know to a freind that used to work for powerslot told me once they sold stillen rotors when thier main company they deal with was out of stock. so you dont always know what you are getting even though they say stillen on em. i see companies rebranding stuff all the time its far to common in this industry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.