Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brothers Saturn Dealership just got a new tech bulletin for the 2004-2005 ion redlines. The conditions the bulletin talks about are extended cranking period followed by the engine running rough in temperatures below 50. Another condition is engine hesitates on acceleration in temperatures below 50. the fix is a new pcm calibration. My 04 redline has the same problems but at all temperatures and is getting recalibrated tomorrow. I will let you know if it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Mine never had that problem. Not even during that cold spell we had here a couple of weeks back. Let us know what happens and if I should lie and say it does to get mine re-calibrated

So when are we getting together and cruisin' the F dub in the RL's?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Well maybe my dealership will install it tomorrow. Since they have had it since Monday morning. So far I have had 3 cam sensors replace due to the start problem. Then this past sunday I had the engine lite and reduce power lite come on. They have replace the MassFlow sensor and now are replacing the catalic converter because of the cam sensor allowing the car to run rich so it needs to be replace. Clogged!!!! Please pray that I get my toy back tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Did he say what the recalibration is going to do? I have been having that problem for awhile now when my engine is cold. But after driving for about 1-2 minutes, it goes away. Of course, the extended crank is there intermittently all the time, but the veh normally runs fine when warm. I'll have to look up that bulletin. Do you have the number by chance?

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Just did some checking at work. If the bulletin number is PIP3146A then this does not pertain to RL Ions. This bulletin just came out on 1/26/05, and it does sound like what you are talking about with the extended crank and rough running when cold. However, it is for gas contamination and not a PCM recalibration. This bulletin is made for GM vehicles, and is not Saturn specific like most of our bulletins are. Let me know if you are talking about a different bulletin, but this is the only one we could find down here.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Get It Fixed!!!

I just posted this in a longer version in another thread, but if you're having the extended cranking problems, listen up. I just took mine into Saturn, it has less than 500 miles on it. It had a hard time starting from the day after I got it until I took it back 5 days later. They are replacing the cam sensor, which they have a tech update on, and re-programming the ECU, which they also had a tech bulletin on. DON'T WAIT!!! Get this fixed or checked NOW, before you end up stranded on the side of the road like I almost did. Pretty pissed off about the whole things, but they'll get it fixed. I'll let ya know how it works out...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts