1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
drive the car.

·
Registered
681 Posts
All brake rotors rust if they're made of mild steel, as most are - rust on the rotor face wears off ASAP, as goofyguy said, and if the rotor edge or hat are rusted, take off your wheels, hit the areas with a wire brush, and shoot them with your choice of spray paint - I use semi-gloss high heat black - gives a clean appearance.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Does anyone know if anyone makes drilled replacement rotors for the Redline? I saw some on Ebay a while back but I dont know who has them.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, the sections where the pads connect are clean of course

its the section beyond the pads, and also the 'hat' area that remain rusty

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
jeepin79 said:
Does anyone know if anyone makes drilled replacement rotors for the Redline? I saw some on Ebay a while back but I dont know who has them.
Jim found us some good Stillen ones, I'm ordering them on Friday! Think I'll need new tires to take real advantage of the new brakes...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah take your wheels off and paint them, thats what im doing soon. New rotors would be cool, but i dont have the kind of money for that right now....i wish cars weren't so damn expensive!!!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Do you guys think that we will get a longer life out of our brakes. That is the only reason I will get them. The current brakes are real good . They just wear fast. As a matter of fact I dont think those rotors will fall within the rules for my class in solo anyway. :(

·
Registered
1,244 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Those Rotoras are bad as hell.....I'm fully surprised to see them so cheap - my son checked into a Rotora big brake conversion for his 240SX and it was over $1700...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts