Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i happened to see that RSM makes a supercharger for the N/A ecotec, and i was looking around, and what did i find? A header for the ecotec?!? RSM says that it's for either "normally aspirated or supercharged" but i'm not sure if they're talking stock supercharged, or their supercharged kit. I was thinking though that the exhaust ports and bolt pattern should be the same from the 2.0 to 2.2 to 2.4 even ecotec blocks? Someone let me know if that is wrong. The flange in the picture looks the same as the SCDyne to me, and for $260, that's not bad at all!

Check it out: http://www.rsmracing.com/ion.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
It looks like it will bolt up to the head ok, but the exhaust is a different story. Your definitely gonna have to move it over a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's true, but i would guess most people who are getting a header would go with a full exhaust too.. and the $200 that is saved with the RSM header could likely pay for a new exhaust to be installed right after the header.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
I'd find out how big the primaries are before buying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,110 Posts
Come on Vita, where is your 3" collector comment? :)

I am really tryin to hold off on a header, b/c i want to see what pan's out of psi-fi's TC efforts
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
572 Posts
ok nice blast from the past but they finally emailed me and here it is folks

The primaries are 1.5" the collector is 2.25" If you have any questions let us know.

Nelson
RSM Racing Inc
now i think the collector can be bored to 2.5 which isnt bad considering this header is only 260
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,231 Posts
thats the same as stock. Well so much for that. Id like to know about the crank pulley though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,550 Posts
Well, ours is gonna cost a little less than twice that - hopefully it makes twice the power, too. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
All we have at this point is TALK? Sounds like a riceboy bench racing session. Show me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
ptparker said:
Come on Vita, where is your 3" collector comment? :)

I am really tryin to hold off on a header, b/c i want to see what pan's out of psi-fi's TC efforts
it's not big enough...

i'll go with the guys making the 3" race headers.

i've decided a twin-screw will be the easiest and best swap...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,231 Posts
Vita said:
i've decided a twin-screw will be the easiest and best swap...
well then do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
goofyguy said:
well then do it.
i'm hoping for next year, don't want to cheap out on a used unit, and weddings aren't cheap...

i've been doing my research for a while now, and it's between a twin kit, and a custom twin screw. for now i've got to scrounge up 5 large before september just to pay for this godforsaken wedding, hopefully some projects work out for me...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
Vita said:
i'm hoping for next year, don't want to cheap out on a used unit, and weddings aren't cheap...

i've been doing my research for a while now, and it's between a twin kit, and a custom twin screw. for now i've got to scrounge up 5 large before september just to pay for this godforsaken wedding, hopefully some projects work out for me...
LOL I think Vita is my clone. I am getting married in Sept 2005 and I have orders not to buy anything car related for my SS/SC until after the wedding. :D

I have bought a couple little things but no way I am getting away with a full exhaust system. I have heard of some of the 3800 guys putting in a whipple charger in place of the eaton. I have poked around and haven't found a lot of info on that however.


Also what type of twin screw superchager have you looked at ? I think that would be a cool mod, but I have no business taking on a project like that with my experience, but if I had someone give it a shot before me I would consider it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
ArrivalBlueSS said:
LOL I think Vita is my clone. I am getting married in Sept 2005 and I have orders not to buy anything car related for my SS/SC until after the wedding. :D

I have bought a couple little things but no way I am getting away with a full exhaust system. I have heard of some of the 3800 guys putting in a whipple charger in place of the eaton. I have poked around and haven't found a lot of info on that however.


Also what type of twin screw superchager have you looked at ? I think that would be a cool mod, but I have no business taking on a project like that with my experience, but if I had someone give it a shot before me I would consider it.
well, one is an easy way out, forgot the model, i think it displaces 1.3l offhand, but i was thinking of going bigger.

i think it'll be easy enough, as long as you keep boost/airflow levels the same and go with the PSI kit so you can tune it for more boost, and have the fuel to go with it. my plan is to be able to work on it during winter, early spring, but we'll see, i'm on lockdown as well

edit: didn't mean to go off topic, but this header would be a waste of time, go with something designed for the car
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top