Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm sitting in the Taco Bell parking lot and I hear an exhaust. A nice looking, late model RSX proceeds to pull around and is about to leave. Being myself, I couldn't resist and revved my engine. The driver comes back around and pulls up next to me. He asks if I'm driving a RL. I said yes, and he tells me that one of his friends is thinking about buying a RL or a Cobalt SS. He explains that he has an intake and full exhaust, and something else (maybe header or computer management) and then asks if I want to run. I tell him yes (of course) and hear his passenger say "smoke em" :rolleyes: He first asks me to do a roll from 25 (no way). I ask him to go from a 40, and he agrees. So after the first attempt at a race is shattered by the appearance of a police officer, we find a secure road, and decide to go it from there. We pull up beside one another, (I’m in second, don’t know what he’s in) the horn honks three times, and we’re off. It was a short time before my shift into third, and then the contest was finished. I’d say that by the time I shifted into fourth, I had a nice bus length or two on him. :D
So, after I slow down a bit to let him catch back up, we give one another the thumbs up, and he decides he wants one more chance. So, the horn is honked three times, and the race has the same outcome.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Great kill, my friend has a 05 type-S its slow but if you mess up you'll have to play catch up and it isnt easy. LOL everybody says they are the same as in speed wise between the rl and rsx, i beg the differ that 210hp rating is engine hp not whp so they are over rated rice buckets. Keep it up, great to see people are doings some killing on this forum. A bus length tho??-had to be a reg rsx only a lil hp diff between the 2 rsx and type S and like 4k more in price but nonetheless a good kill.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never really got a chance to see the ass-end of the car :D , so I have no idea whether or not it was a type-s

·
Registered
331 Posts
Plus he had a passenger and thats extra weight. I know the redline is slower with somebody with you in the passenger seat. But we have tourque so its not so bad. :)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I drove one, and wasn't too impressed. Just an overpriced Honda if you ask me.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have a friend with an '05 RSX Type-S. Pretty sure all he has is intake, exhaust, header, and he ran a 13.8 at the track. He was the first '05 Type-S in the 13's if I have my info correct, so don't underestimate those overpriced rice buckets. They may be rice buckets, but when done correctly, they can be serious power houses.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I raced my friends type s at work. It was like a 2003. From a stop tho and prolly about 1/8mile. This was before my cams and everytime i got a jump on him. 4 out of 4 times i got the jump and was about 1/2 car length in head all the way through

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
i have 150 pound speaker box in my car and still dont lose to acura type anythings. Even with a passenger and the box I still never blame weight on races.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Im With Goofyguy! Gas Neither.:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Colin said:
Great kill, my friend has a 05 type-S its slow but if you mess up you'll have to play catch up and it isnt easy. LOL everybody says they are the same as in speed wise between the rl and rsx, i beg the differ that 210hp rating is engine hp not whp so they are over rated rice buckets. Keep it up, great to see people are doings some killing on this forum. A bus length tho??-had to be a reg rsx only a lil hp diff between the 2 rsx and type S and like 4k more in price but nonetheless a good kill.
just outta curiousity, what makes a type S a "rice bucket"??

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Do you have to ask that question on a forum of American sport compact owners?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Do you have to ask that question on a forum of American sport compact owners?[/QUO

i'm still curious to know what makes a 25k$ RSX type S a rice bucket.. they are actually pretty awesome cars.. and contrary to what most of you guys think, they are decently quick and a properly driven one could put up a good fight against you guys.

maybe because its an import w/ less power than you guys have? does that make it a ricer car? or maybe because it costs a little more?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
What answer are you looking for? It's pretty subjective don't you think? How many people called it a rice bucket? One? You can pretty much expect anything that's a japanese born car, to be labeled a 'rice-something or other' by some people on here. It's no different than the negative stereotype put on domestic cars by import owners. Since this happens to be themed the other direction, you get 'rice' comments. What are you expecting?

·
Registered
79 Posts
my bf has an 05 rsx type s and i just bought a ion rl. we raced from a 20 punch in 2nd gear, he won but he also has an aem sri and lighter wheels plus i had two people in my car and he had just him self so i think its an unfair race so were not only gonna race again but im gonna get it on tape. any suggestions on a cai for an rl?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Anything born in the "land of the rice fields" (East Asia) can be called a rice bucket, mobile, rocket (lol yeah right), etc. Back in the '60's or whenever, they used to call the Japanese race bikes "rice burners" because they were from Japan and kinda new to the scene. I don't care if I even like the car, I'll call it a rice-whatever if it's from Japan. You can take it as an insult or nothing or however you like.

And yeah, so many people stereotype domestic vehicles, so there sure as Hell isn't anything wrong with us stereotyping the ching chang chong cars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts