1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 redline
120000 miles

bought it recently for peanuts.
few days later engine light comes on, using torque pro, the fault os for p0171- system too lean

my long term fuel trim is almost 30%

i clean the maf, check the voltage, it seems fine. start looking for exhaust leaks and find that the 2nd o2 sensor has a spark plug antifouler so obviously the catalytic converter must be hollowed out. take the spacer off, and sure enough i get a p0420 catalytic converter below threshold. also there was a p1133 code for o2 sensor 1 heater control insufficient switching. that code comes and goes but the other 2 are always there.

fuel injector/ fuel pressure is spot on also

should i replace the cat first or o2 sensor? im not worried about smog for now i just want to fix the lean condition

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
2006 redline
120000 miles

find that the 2nd o2 sensor has a spark plug antifouler so obviously the catalytic converter must be hollowed out. take the spacer off, and sure enough i get a p0420 catalytic converter below threshold. also there was a p1133 code for o2 sensor 1 heater control insufficient switching. that code comes and goes but the other 2 are always there.

is this to override a bad cat - to mask the the code?

Or try to gain extra HP ?

If you are new to the IRL, there was a problem with the CATs failing even with low mileage on many of our cars

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
is this to override a bad cat - to mask the the code?

Or try to gain extra HP ?

If you are new to the IRL, there was a problem with the CATs failing even with low mileage on many of our cars
The o2 spacer was an old trick to fool the o2 to read correctly after installing a header/cat.

My guess would be they have too small of a pulley for the setup.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The o2 spacer was an old trick to fool the o2 to read correctly after installing a header/cat.

My guess would be they have too small of a pulley for the setup.

How come I would have too small of a pulley? It's all stock, what size pulley should i have?

The car was completely stock when I bought it except for a spacer on the downstream o2 sensor to trick the computer from seeing a catalytic converter faulty code. I took it off and put the sensor straight in and the code comes up so there's no cat or a bad cat.

Now I get a p0171, p0420, p1133 and p0133

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
How come I would have too small of a pulley? It's all stock, what size pulley should i have?

The car was completely stock when I bought it except for a spacer on the downstream o2 sensor to trick the computer from seeing a catalytic converter faulty code. I took it off and put the sensor straight in and the code comes up so there's no cat or a bad cat.

Now I get a p0171, p0420, p1133 and p0133

did you measure your pulley diameter ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts